Community
Search
Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

Receiver Selection

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2011, 10:06 PM
SVX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Receiver Selection

I have been waiting for a month or so for the new Minima 6 receiver to come out so I can switch all my electrics over to my new Aurora 9. I just learned that the release date was pushed back to late June and that is just too long for me to wait. So I was thinking of ordering the Optima 6 lite in its stead. A little heavier but think it will work. My question is can this receiver (Optima Lite) also be used in my larger glow aircraft, namely .60-.90 size?

Thanks, Dust
Old 05-07-2011, 10:27 PM
A.T.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Receiver Selection

ORIGINAL: SVX I have been waiting for a month or so for the new Minima 6 receiver to come out so I can switch all my electrics over to my new Aurora 9. I just learned that the release date was pushed back to late June and that is just too long for me to wait. So I was thinking of ordering the Optima 6 lite in its stead. A little heavier but think it will work. My question is can this receiver (Optima Lite) also be used in my larger glow aircraft, namely .60-.90 size? Thanks, Dust
Yes, it is in fact the same as the standard Optima 6 channel transceiver with a lighter shell.
Optima Receivers - Light Weight. Optima_6 LITE Transceiver, Minima 6E & 6T Receivers.
- Minima are compatible only with Spectra Module V3.01 or higher. .

However, especially if used in a GP model, use the Hitec flight preserver referenced:
Aurora 9 - Radio System Includes - Stylus, Screen cleaner,
Flight Preserver, Battery Holder/Switch for ID Setup & BODA Holder - see pictures.

ex Hitec USA Support Forum Sticky:
Aurora 9, Spectra Modules & Optima Transceivers - FAQ & Undocumented Features
- Mixes, Setups,Tips. {Individual Links often updated}

Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links
Old 05-08-2011, 02:34 AM
JIMF14D

Yes and it has downliink of battery voltage. Ihave one in a .70 four stoke plane. Also have on in an electric. Works fine at full range.
Have fun
Old 05-08-2011, 09:20 AM
SVX

Great, thanks guys. I'll put my order in.

Dust