Community
Search
Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

Aurora Mode change problem

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2011, 05:12 AM
fjaust

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aurora Mode change problem

Hi,

I just got my Aurora and it came as mode 1, but I am a mode 2 flyer.

I changed the stick ratchet over and set the mode in the radio software but the radio is still recognising:

J1 = Aileron correct
J2 = Throttle incorrect
J3 = Elevator incorrect
J4 = Rudder correct

When i changed to mode 2 in the radio I did see the graphic of the sticks change to the correct assignments but in the channel menu they are still set to mode 1.

I have power cycled the radio a couple of times now just to see if it needed to be reset to recognise the change but it made no difference.

I have updated the radio and module to the very latest firmware versions.

did i missing something here?
Old 05-12-2011, 05:29 AM
fjaust

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Aurora Mode change problem

ok i think i have worked it out.

the radio came with a default model already created (at mode 1)

when i created a new model with radio set to mode 2 - it created the correct mode 2 stick assignments on the new model.

i then switched back to the original model and it recognised that as mode 1 again, even though radio was still set to mode 2.

so it basically means - the stick mode stays with the model, regardless of the radio stick mode setting

not sure if this is a software bug or by design....wouldn't mind some clarification on that.
Old 05-12-2011, 12:32 PM
A.T.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Aurora Mode change problem

ORIGINAL: fjaust Hi, I just got my Aurora and it came as mode 1, but I am a mode 2 flyer.
I changed the stick ratchet over and set the mode in the radio software but the radio is still recognising:
J1 = Aileron correct J2 = Throttle incorrect J3 = Elevator incorrect J4 = Rudder correct
When i changed to mode 2 in the radio I did see the graphic of the sticks change to the correct assignments but in the channel menu they are still set to mode 1. I have power cycled the radio a couple of times now just to see if it needed to be reset to recognise the change but it made no difference.
I have updated the radio and module to the very latest firmware versions.
did i missing something here?
Aurora Transmitter Mode & Stick Tension Change.

and more under Hitec USA Support Forum Sticky:
Aurora 9, Spectra Modules & Optima Transceivers - FAQ & Undocumented Features
- Mixes, Setups,Tips. {Individual Links often updated

Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links
(quick search = Ctrl+F)