Community
Search
Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

AURORA 9 DATA TRANSFER WITH PMIX

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2011, 10:00 AM
JIMF14D

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AURORA 9 DATA TRANSFER WITH PMIX

Ihave been working on adding a differential motor "rudder" function for a twin EP model using my A9 TX. I have two of them. Iadded a basic P mix to my newest A9 for Throttle to AUX 1 to make Aux 1 my esc channel for the 2nd motor. Ithen stored this info into my computer via HP-22 and the loaded it into my older A9 via HP-22. That P mix appeared and worked fine in both A9s.

Later later on Iadded two more Pmixes into the new A9 to get the rudder mix into Throttle and AUX 1 to get differential motor speed for the rudder function. These mixes were Rudder to Throttle +_ and Rudder to Aux1 _+ to get the opposite esc change for each rudder direction. This "steering" is enabled by using switch D.

I checked this out on the new A9 with a Rx and servos on the bench and all worked fine.Ithen downloaded the model changes to my computer via the HP-22 and uploaded them to the old A9.

The second two mixes did not appear in my model settings of my old A9 and the steering function did not work. After saving and loading them a few times with no luck Idecided to put them in by hand. Magic!!!!!!!!!!

One was Pmix 6 and the other Pmix 7 which showed up on my old A9 as "INH" which was not what Ihad named them in the other A9. As soon as Iselected and went to enter the data for each mix, the name changed to the proper value and the settings where there and correct and checked out fine with no need for me to enter anything!
This does not seem to be they way things should work after data upload to the TX. It is making me nervous with regard to future changes.

Has anyone seen this type problem?

Any ideas would be helpful.
Thanks,
Jim D.

PS: I did not invent this "rudder " function but got the programming concept from another post on RCUniverse from a guy (Mike McDougall) doing a Twin Star EP.
Old 07-27-2011, 08:35 PM
4*60
My Feedback: (41)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: AURORA 9 DATA TRANSFER WITH PMIX

Throttle curve doesn't get set up correctly either on a upload. No one seems to think it's a problem. These are examples of very poor download and upload programming.