Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

Aurora is driving me NUT'S

Old 08-07-2011, 08:18 AM
zx32tt
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aurora is driving me NUT'S

I have a A9 that I'm trying to program w/ a 7ch Optima. The TX seems to lose the link. I went thru the bind routine and everything seemed to be working properly. I switch everything off, come back a few minutes later, and I've got zip. The LED's on the rx are both on, but they are blinking on the TX. I have one other model stored on the TX, and it works fine. I have done none of the updates. Battery voltage is good on both TX and RX. What am I doing wrong?
[]
zx32tt
Old 08-07-2011, 12:06 PM
A.T.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Aurora is driving me NUT'S

ORIGINAL: zx32tt I have a A9 that I'm trying to program w/ a 7ch Optima. The TX seems to lose the link. I went thru the bind routine and everything seemed to be working properly. I switch everything off, come back a few minutes later, and I've got zip. The LED's on the rx are both on, but they are blinking on the TX. I have one other model stored on the TX, and it works fine. I have done none of the updates. Battery voltage is good on both TX and RX. What am I doing wrong? zx32tt
Scan mode can be linked to only one Transceiver at a time -must be re-set each time you change.
Suggest" Normal" mode be used as is used even in the big events.

Understanding Difference and when to use AFHSSNormal and Scan Mode

LED Status Card - What the colours/combinations are indicating.
. Digital .pdf copy which can be printed and inserted as a page in manual or extra cards made.

AFHSS - ID_Setup (also known as Binding or Linking) & Range Test Procedure Aurora 9, Spectra 2.4Ghz Module <> Optima Receiver.

ex Hitec USA Support Forum Sticky:
Aurora 9, Spectra Modules & Optima Transceivers
- FAQ & Undocumented Features
- Mixes, Setups,Tips.
{Individual Links often updated}

Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links
Old 08-07-2011, 12:28 PM
zx32tt

If I understand this correctly, it sounds like I am binding in scan mode. One would think that the system would stay linked to a specific rx, regardless of the mode. In my case, I had everything working fine, switched off the rx and tx, in that order. I turned everything back on a few minutes later, and got zip. The system would not bind.
Old 08-07-2011, 12:59 PM
A.T.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: zx32tt If I understand this correctly, it sounds like I am binding in scan mode. One would think that the system would stay linked to a specific rx, regardless of the mode. In my case, I had everything working fine, switched off the rx and tx, in that order. I turned everything back on a few minutes later, and got zip. The system would not bind.
Unfortunately, can not see your set up from here and there are several possibilities to work through.
If using SPC andLED light but no response from servo, check the servo bus is also powered up.
If not using SPC, check the blanking plug is in place.

ID-Setting problems with 2.4Ghz system are usually caused by
1. Wrong procedure or confusing Normal/Scan mode.
2. Battery -insufficient, recharge.
Loose Cell Battery Box & Switch harness - Included with Aurora & Optima set to aid Linking and Set Up only for those with EP Models
in lieu of using ESC/BEC, use ofnew alkalineAAprefered.
Not intended for use in flight.
3. Transmitter to close or to far, see attached.
4. Other typicalresults that are displayed include:
Optima Transceiver (RX) - Servo Move Slower Than Usual -Rebind. Switched between Normal <> Scan mode with power off before process completed.
Optima Transceiver (RX) - Servo Wag When RX Turned On Reason & Prevention of Servo Wag (especially when switching on some ESC) .
Optima Transceiver (RX) - Servos Stepping - Battery pack (power supply) failing under load.
Aurora 9 - Transmitter On First - Off Last prevent failsafe and other errors.
Aurora 9 - Off/On Switch problem? TX Auto Saves (flash) Each Session's Programming and Trim Settings etc on Shutdown.
Allow time to complete task before switching on again.

Alan T.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Db86082.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	155.3 KB
ID:	1645659  
Old 08-07-2011, 02:47 PM
zx32tt

I think whats happening, is the rx and tx are not in sync. It looks like the tx comes up in scan mode, but I'm confused as how to get it or the rx to come up in normal mode. Reading thru the manual, it seems that the rx and tx need to bind before I'm able to switch to normal mode. At present, I can not get the rx to come up in scan mode. How do I get out of this?
Old 08-14-2011, 09:51 AM
zx32tt

Finally figured it out. Hitec would do all Aurora 9 users a huge service by explainging in BIG BOLD RED LETTERS, what happens if and when you start up in scan mode. What it boils down to, is the necessity to be in normal mode when adding any new models, lest ye get into a big mess, and a lot of head scratchin. Thanks guys.
zx32tt