Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

Aurora 9 - Minima 6E will not bind

Old 08-11-2011, 04:28 AM
JVB
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aurora 9 - Minima 6E will not bind

I received two Minima 6Es yesterday. They will not bind with my Aurora 9. I turn on the Aurora 9, then press the bind button on the module then press YES to transmit. The LED on the module blinks red. Then you are supposed to press the button on the module again to get it to blink BLUE. It will not blink BLUE. I've been through the process several times following the instructions with no success. Kind of frustrating to wait for these receivers for over a year and not be able to use them. Any suggestions. Thanks.
Old 08-11-2011, 12:38 PM
A.T.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Aurora 9 - Minima 6E will not bind

ORIGINAL: JVB I received two Minima 6Es yesterday. They will not bind with my Aurora 9. I turn on the Aurora 9, then press the bind button on the module then press YES to transmit. The LED on the module blinks red. Then you are supposed to press the button on the module again to get it to blink BLUE. It will not blink BLUE. I've been through the process several times following the instructions with no success. Kind of frustrating to wait for these receivers for over a year and not be able to use them. Any suggestions. Thanks.
Minima will not link unless Module is updated to V3.01 and which means,to be compatible,Aurora might also need updating.

Optima Receivers - Light Weight. Optima_6 LITE Transceiver, Minima 6E & 6T Micro Receivers. - Minima are compatible only with Spectra Module V3.01 or higher. Caseless Weights for 6 & 7ch Optima Transceivers.

AFHSS - ID_Setup (also known as Binding or Linking) & Range Test Procedure

For optimum performance use:
Current Aurora 9 firmware V1.08(1) 10 July 2011
Current Spectra 2.4Ghz Module firmware V3.01 18 April 2011
Current Optima 7 & 9 Ch Transceiver Firmware firmware V2.01 31 July 2011
(USA timezones)

Firmware update details are as listed under Firmware:
Hitec USA Support Forum Sticky:
Aurora 9, Spectra Modules & Optima Transceivers
see also "Hitec 2.4GHz Firmware & Software Updates"

Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links

Old 08-11-2011, 01:01 PM
JVB

Aurora 9 is at V1.08(1).
Old 08-11-2011, 02:22 PM
JVB

Upgraded Spectra to 3.01 and all is well. Thanks AT.
Old 08-14-2011, 10:40 AM
DHG
My Feedback: (7)

ORIGINAL: JVB

Upgraded Spectra to 3.01 and all is well. Thanks AT.
I'm having similar problems, hope the solution is as easy. It would be nice if there was something in the packaging or instructions on the Minimas that alerted people to this fact. I spent a couple of hours tearing my hair out, & also wasted about a half-hour of my local hobby shop proprietor's time yesterday out at the field trying to puzzle out the d*** thing. And he was the guy I bought it all from. I was about to box up everything and send it in for warranty service when a friend alerted me to this thread.

So, what will I need to get this done? Just that HPP-22 cable and and the instructions off the Hitec site?

Thx,

Duane
Old 08-14-2011, 12:12 PM
A.T.

ORIGINAL: DHG I'm having similar problems, hope the solution is as easy. It would be nice if there was something in the packaging or instructions on the Minimas that alerted people to this fact. I spent a couple of hours tearing my hair out, & also wasted about a half-hour of my local hobby shop proprietor's time yesterday out at the field trying to puzzle out the d*** thing. And he was the guy I bought it all from. I was about to box up everything and send it in for warranty service when a friend alerted me to this thread.
So, what will I need to get this done? Just that HPP-22 cable and and the instructions off the Hitec site?
Thx, Duane
Yes, you will require an
Hitec HPP-22 2.4GHz Programmer - Manual, FAQ - How to install & Use Instructions (with screenshots).
For optimum performance use:
Current Aurora 9 firmware V1.08(1) 10 July 2011
Current Spectra 2.4Ghz Module firmware V3.01 18 April 2011
Current Optima 7 & 9 Ch Transceiver Firmware firmware V2.01 31 July 2011

Firmware update details are as listed under Firmware on Hitec USA Support Forum Sticky:
Aurora 9, Spectra Modules & Optima Transceivers
- FAQ & Undocumented Features
- Mixes, Setups,Tips. {Individual Links often updated}

Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links

Old 09-03-2011, 05:19 PM
3dsky
My Feedback: (84)

I am having the same problem, not able to bind A9 at ver 1.07 Module at ver 3.01.
This is what I get,
TX..... flashing RED
RX.....
at start solid RED
flashing RED
Faster flashing RED
no light
No Bind

My question is did I mess up the MINIMA 6E when I tryed to bind it to an older ver Module?
Can I reset the RX?
Old 09-04-2011, 03:54 AM
A.T.

ORIGINAL: 3dsky
I am having the same problem, not able to bind A9 at ver 1.07 Module at ver 3.01.
This is what I get, TX..... flashing RED RX..... at start solid RED
flashing RED Faster flashing RED no light No Bind
My question is did I mess up the MINIMA 6E when I tryed to bind it to an older ver Module?
Can I reset the RX?
ID-Setup differs with the Minima - see the new receiver manual
Optima 6, 7 & 9ch Transceiver & Minima Receiver Manual V3.00 (3.12mb.pdf, right click & "save target as")
(If printed copyrequired, set printer to and use A3 size paper - take file on USB to local library etc in need)

Hitec Minima - How to Set Up ID (Bind) - Video. will assist.

Alan T.
Old 09-04-2011, 08:08 AM
3dsky

Thanks, it worked. I was not pressing the TX module a second time to get the blue light. Video helped
Old 09-07-2011, 10:38 AM
DHG

ID-Setup differs with the Minima - see the new receiver manual ... right click & ''save target as''
(If printed copy required, set printer to and use A3 size paper - take file on USB to local library etc in need)
I'm still struggling with this. The manual refuses to print, even when I specify A3 paper. I've tried it 3 different times with 3 different computer/printer combinations, and every time, it looks like it's printing but then an error message pops up: "The document did not print" followed by another: "There were no pages selected to be printed" followed by a third one: "A drawing error occurred."

I was apparently able to download the new firmware through the HPP-22, but the sequence did not go according to plan. I never saw the dialog boxes that were supposed to appear during the process, according to the color pictures on the web site. But the HPP-22 did light up with a blue flashing light, then after I plugged the small cord into the module, the module and the HPP-22 both showed a steady blue light.

Tonight I will go home and attempt to bind the receivers to the module while reading the manual directly off my computer screen (since it won't print) and/or watch the video. I must say, I've never encountered a product that was LESS ready for release than this system has turned out to be.

DHG
Old 09-07-2011, 12:14 PM
3dsky

I had trouble loading the software on a WIN 7 laptop 64 bit, It took 23 times (had to remove it 2 times) then it worked. I was able to update the 7&9 CH RXs but theTX would not go to the newest ver. Onec I got the TX updated I was ablre to update the TX and the TX module and everything works great. Used some of the videos on YouTube
Old 09-07-2011, 07:10 PM
DHG

OK, finally, I got results. I had to carefully run through the entire sequence three times, including uninstalling the HPP-22 software twice and then downloading a fresh copy from the web site which was the only way I could figure out to get it to produce an active dialog box with the "upgrade" option that I could click on. The second time through, I got to the screen that identified the firmware version that was resident in the module, but I evidently wasn't holding my mouth just right because it went away without upgrading. Third time was the charm; I got to the same screen and was able to find a menu offering the fabled Version 3.01. A progress bar appeared, and when it was full, I got a message box that said, "Upgrade complete! / OK". And now it binds with the Minima receivers.

I would note, however, that the Spectra module does not work the same as the Aurora 9 transmitter in the video referenced above. For a transmitter with the Spectra module, you need to press the Link button BEFORE turning on the transmitter. Otherwise the video is very helpful.

I'm looking forward to flying with these Minima receivers. They are small and light, and those long dual antennas will be very easy to install.
Old 10-11-2011, 12:07 PM
DHG

Update:

Now that I have all the right software and manuals, I'm delighted with the Minima 6E receivers. I put them in both my Q500 racers and flew for a weekend at a contest in Kansas City Oct. 1-2. Multiple flights, harsh RF environment, vibration, long landing approaches, not a glitch or problem of any kind. Two thumbs up!

Cheers,

Duane
Old 10-11-2011, 01:37 PM
fizzwater2
My Feedback: (61)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You were flying the Hitec module in your JR 8103 TX, right?

Glad to hear they're working well. They are a neat looking little receiver for race planes, I might have to look into these.