Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

Aurora 9 Receiver Battery Voltage Not Displaying on Transmitter

Old 08-18-2011, 04:01 PM
wigwam

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aurora 9 Receiver Battery Voltage Not Displaying on Transmitter

Hi

I have purchased the HPP-22 PC Programmer and initially updated the firmware on my transmitter to the latest version.
The additional features had no impact on me as I am a fairly basic type flyer.
However now the receiver battery voltage no longer displays on the screen.
I have both an Optima7 and Optima9 receiver.
Can someone explain why this is so.[&o]
Old 08-18-2011, 05:39 PM
A.T.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Aurora 9 Receiver Battery Voltage Not Displaying on Transmitter

ORIGINAL: wigwam Hi I have purchased the HPP-22 PC Programmer and initially updated the firmware on my transmitter to the latest version.
The additional features had no impact on me as I am a fairly basic type flyer. However now the receiver battery voltage no longer displays on the screen.
I have both an Optima7 and Optima9 receiver. Can someone explain why this is so.

When updating Transmitter, always check for updates to the Module.
Updating Aurora to V1.07, aso requires an update to the AFHSSSpectra Module.
The update to the module provides user with a more simple method of setting LBW on screen without turning on a transceiver.

Aurora 9 - Firmware Updates V1.07 & V1.08(1)..
...Screen shots of the new displays plus additonal information includes planned updates for V1.08+.
HTS-Navi & HTS-Voice Firmware Updates
Optima 7 & 9ch Transceiver Update V2.0 15Jul10 Update is for HTS-SS receptor system only,
otherwise not required as it does not impact other functions nor resolution.

Optima 7 & 9 Ch Transceiver Update V2.01 31Jul11 (•Improved reboot and recovery methods after severe RF interference.)
- Requires Module V3.01 and Aurora V1.07

Spectra Module V1.01, V2.00 & V3.01 Updates & Manual. Screenshots & additional information.

Optima Transceiver (RX) - Low Battery Warning settings for both Aurora & Spectra 2.4Ghz module. Adjustable LBW Voltage Alerts V1.07 up (not available V1.04<06).

For optimum performance use:
Current Aurora 9 firmware V1.08(1) 10 July 2011
Current Spectra 2.4Ghz Module firmware V3.01 18 April 2011
Current Optima 7 & 9 Ch Transceiver Firmware firmware V2.01 31 July 2011
Current
HTS-Navi
Firmware V1.03 31 July 2011.

ex Hitec USA Support Forum Sticky:
Aurora 9, Spectra Modules & Optima Transceivers
- FAQ & Undocumented Features
- Mixes, Setups,Tips. {Individual Links often updated}

Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links
Old 08-19-2011, 01:42 AM
wigwam

OK. I am seeing changes relating to the Low Battery Warning - which appear to require the telemetry add on. However I don't see anything which explains why the receiver battery voltage display has been removed. What am I missing?
Old 08-19-2011, 02:10 AM
A.T.

ORIGINAL: wigwam OK. I am seeing changes relating to the Low Battery Warning - which appear to require the telemetry add on. However I don't see anything which explains why the receiver battery voltage display has been removed. What am I missing?
As in post #2, did you update the Spectra Module to V3.01?
Transceiver Voltage will notdisplay on screenunless the firmware in both the Aurora and the plug in Module on the back is compatible. - Two separate units to update.

Plug HPP-22 into the data port of the module and select "etc" then "Spectra Module" and finally the desired firmware version number, refer post #2 for current versions.

Afterwards, turn TX on First and then The Transceiver and your battery display will show.

Alan T.
Old 09-24-2011, 05:42 PM
Beej

Hi Alan,

I would really value your assistance. I am certain I am following the instructions exactly but after upgrade I am still not seeing the receiver battery voltage display on my Tx. I have taken the following exact steps.

1. Went to Hitec web site and downloaded latest HP-22 software v 1.11 and installed on my computer - no old version present to uninstall.
2. Updated module Spectra 2.4 selected - successfully installed v 3.01 according to software messages. Turned off Tx
3. Updated receiver (Optima 7/9 displayed on HP-22 screen) to v2.10 according to software message.
4. Plugged in Aurora 9 Tx via trainer port to HP-22 module - turned on, transmitter detected, received no prompt for firmware upgrade but prompt screen appeared for saving of model to computer (and vice versa), successfully saved model data. According to Tx, v1.06 is installed.
5. Cycled Tx power, turned on Rx - linked OK, just no receiver battery telemetry.
6. Re-linked Tx and Rx "just in case"
7. Was all working fine yesterday before upgrade.

Advice really appreciated.

best

Beej
Old 09-24-2011, 05:43 PM
Beej

Sorry - typo - receiver updated to 2.01, not 2.10!
B.
ORIGINAL: Beej

Hi Alan,

I would really value your assistance. I am certain I am following the instructions exactly but after upgrade I am still not seeing the receiver battery voltage display on my Tx. I have taken the following exact steps.

1. Went to Hitec web site and downloaded latest HP-22 software v 1.11 and installed on my computer - no old version present to uninstall.
2. Updated module Spectra 2.4 selected - successfully installed v 3.01 according to software messages. Turned off Tx
3. Updated receiver (Optima 7/9 displayed on HP-22 screen) to v2.10 according to software message.
4. Plugged in Aurora 9 Tx via trainer port to HP-22 module - turned on, transmitter detected, received no prompt for firmware upgrade but prompt screen appeared for saving of model to computer (and vice versa), successfully saved model data. According to Tx, v1.06 is installed.
5. Cycled Tx power, turned on Rx - linked OK, just no receiver battery telemetry.
6. Re-linked Tx and Rx ''just in case''
7. Was all working fine yesterday before upgrade.

best

Beej
Old 09-24-2011, 06:15 PM
A.T.

ORIGINAL: Beej Hi Alan,
6. Re-linked Tx and Rx "just in case"
. Was all working fine yesterday before upgrade.
best Beej
Hitec HPP-22 2.4GHz Programmer - Manual, FAQ - How to install & Use Instructions.
-refer the last screenshots which show where the update button is and which must be selected before the Aurora is turned on.

[Tried to upload relevant screen shots to this post but for whatever reason RCU for some days now will no longer downloadany images, with answer
"500 - Internal server error. There is a problem with the resource you are looking for, and it cannot be displayed." no problem other groups.]

Alan T.
Old 09-24-2011, 06:30 PM
Beej

Hi Alan - yep - was just logging on to tell you not to bother replying! I already found the really big and obvious "update now" button! That should have been a clue.....!

You're a champ thanks! I hope there isn't a prize for the dumbest question posed on RCU!
best

Beej

ORIGINAL: A.T.

best Beej
http://<font color=''#22229c''><u>Hi...mer</u></font> - Manual, FAQ - How to install & Use Instructions.
- refer the last screenshots which show where the update button is and which must be selected before the Aurora is turned on.

[Tried to upload relevant screen shots to this post but for whatever reason RCU for some days now will no longer download any images, with answer
''500 - Internal server error. There is a problem with the resource you are looking for, and it cannot be displayed.'' no problem other groups.]

Alan T.
Old 11-09-2011, 09:29 PM
the pope

ORIGINAL: Beej

Hi Alan - yep - was just logging on to tell you not to bother replying! I already found the really big and obvious ''update now'' button! That should have been a clue.....!

You're a champ thanks! I hope there isn't a prize for the dumbest question posed on RCU!
best

Beej

best Beej
http://<font color=''#22229c''><u>Hi...mer</u></font> - Manual, FAQ - How to install & Use Instructions.
- refer the last screenshots which show where the update button is and which must be selected before the Aurora is turned on.

[Tried to upload relevant screen shots to this post but for whatever reason RCU for some days now will no longer download any images, with answer
''500 - Internal server error. There is a problem with the resource you are looking for, and it cannot be displayed.'' no problem other groups.]

Alan T.
Howdy there Beej, I think your too late. Im up to dumb question no.3 so Im infront so far but I havent got my prize just yet. Cheers the pope. P.s. dumbest thing Ive done so far is to not know the difference between the low batt. warning and the minute countdown timer. I think you can guess how that ended. A pretty expensive switch it turned out to be.
Old 12-16-2011, 10:06 PM
Steve Percifield
My Feedback: (14)

I have updated the tansmitter and my receivers, but I can't get any of the links, posted here, for the module update to work. It doesn;t go any farther than the hook up screen. Most of the links , just go to manuals with no link to any down load. I'm totally frustrated.

steve p
Old 12-16-2011, 11:37 PM
A.T.

ORIGINAL: Steve Percifield I have updated the tansmitter and my receivers, but I can't get any of the links, posted here, for the module update to work. It doesn;t go any farther than the hook up screen. Most of the links , just go to manuals with no link to any down load. I'm totally frustrated.
steve p
Open the HPP-22 program first then for module upgrade, select "etc" on the HPP-22 screen - before switching A9 on, and then followinstructions which appearon screen.

. Hitec HPP-22 2.4GHz Programmer - Manual, FAQ - How to Install & Use (with screenshots).

. Aurora 9 v1.08 Update
Video 1 - Aurora firmware update
Video 2 - Module & Optima 7&9 Update

Aurora 9, AFHSS Spectra Modules & Optima Transceivers - FAQ & Undocumented Features

Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links(quick search = Ctrl+F)

Old 12-17-2011, 05:16 AM
Steve Percifield

ORIGINAL: Steve Percifield I have updated the tansmitter and my receivers, but I can't get any of the links, posted here, for the module update to work. It doesn;t go any farther than the hook up screen. Most of the links , just go to manuals with no link to any down load. I'm totally frustrated.
steve p
Open the HPP-22 program first then for module upgrade, select ''etc'' on the HPP-22 screen - before switching A9 on, and then follow instructions which appear on screen.

. Hitec HPP-22 2.4GHz Programmer - Manual, FAQ - How to Install & Use [SIZE=''1''](with screenshots).[/SIZE]

. Aurora 9 v1.08 Update
Video 1 - Aurora firmware update
Video 2 - Module & Optima 7&9 Update

Aurora 9, AFHSS Spectra Modules & Optima Transceivers - FAQ & Undocumented Features

Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links (quick search = Ctrl+F)

I have done exactly what you say. I've watched the video, I've downloaded and read the manuals, but I do not get any farther than the set up screen for the module update. It remains there. I do not get an update screen/button to continue. I have reloaded the HPP-22 software over and over and from several sources and it will not work.
Old 12-17-2011, 12:00 PM
A.T.

ORIGINAL: Steve Percifield I have done exactly what you say. I've watched the video, I've downloaded and read the manuals, but I do not get any farther than the set up screen for the module update. It remains there. I do not get an update screen/button to continue. I have reloaded the HPP-22 software over and over and from several sources and it will not work.
There were two leads supplied with the HPP-22 for updated Transceivers and module.
Ensuring that one lead has been fully inserted deepinto both the port in the module and P1 of HPP-22.
1. Ensure transmitter battery is well charged
2. Connect HPP-22 to PC and Spectra module..
3. Start HPP-22 program and wait for blue bar to complete on screen and the bluelight is lit on HPP-22.
4. Select "etc" , select target = "Spectra module."
5. Wait(depending upon the two servers, time of day and traffic, could take 10<>40 seconds or so)for the next screen.
Only afterthe two alternating instructionpicturesappear, turn onthe A9 and then press "Yes" to transmit..
6. Wait for screen to change and display existing module version and asksif you still want to upgrade.
7. Continue to follow online instructions.
8. If 1<4 ok and alternating screen does not appear, try the other lead.
Only one "faulty module" referred here to date, this because user was not inserting the lead far enough into the module port - enters almost to the little tab (which assists withpulling plug back out).

8. If above procedurefails, refer to:
Hitec Warranty & Service
Note: Hitec USA only services North/South America and Canada.
All other countries see appropriate distributor for service.
• If you are from a country that is outside North and South America, please contact the
Hitec distributor in your country for service.

Alan T.
Old 12-17-2011, 01:51 PM
Steve Percifield

ORIGINAL: Steve Percifield I have done exactly what you say. I've watched the video, I've downloaded and read the manuals, but I do not get any farther than the set up screen for the module update. It remains there. I do not get an update screen/button to continue. I have reloaded the HPP-22 software over and over and from several sources and it will not work.
There were two leads supplied with the HPP-22 for updated Transceivers and module.
Ensuring that one lead has been fully inserted deep into both the port in the module and P1 of HPP-22.
1. Ensure transmitter battery is well charged
2. Connect HPP-22 to PC and Spectra module..
3. Start HPP-22 program and wait for blue bar to complete on screen and the blue light is lit on HPP-22.
4. Select ''etc'' , select target = ''Spectra module.''
5. Wait (depending upon the two servers, time of day and traffic, could take 1040 seconds or so) for the next screen.
Only after the two alternating instruction pictures appear, turn on the A9 and then press ''Yes'' to transmit..
6. Wait for screen to change and display existing module version and asks if you still want to upgrade.
7. Continue to follow online instructions.
8. If 1<4 ok and alternating screen does not appear, try the other lead.
Only one ''faulty module'' referred here to date, this because user was not inserting the lead far enough into the module port - enters almost to the little tab (which assists with pulling plug back out).

8. If above procedure fails, refer to:
Hitec Warranty & Service
Note: Hitec USA only services North/South America and Canada.
All other countries see appropriate distributor for service.
• If you are from a country that is outside North and South America, please contact the
Hitec distributor in your country for service.

Alan T.
Thanks for trying. I can get to step 5, no farther. It stops there and does not go to the next screen. I tried both cables, both ways, and 3 different USB cables. Nothing, so it's off to Hitec.
Thanks again, steve