Community
Search
Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

New Aurora 9 owner... 3 quick questions

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2011, 03:08 AM
xlr82v2
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Aurora 9 owner... 3 quick questions

Just got my new Aurora 9, and I have a couple of questions:

On the box, there is a sticker that reads "Firmware version 2.01"... but if I look at the Hitec website, it looks as if they are only showing version 1.9x for the Aurora. Any ideas? Seems kinda wierd to me... stock that has been sitting on the shelf for ??? being ahead of the current update level on the website.

The manual states that the tx should have a 2000mAh Eneloop battery pack, but it looks to instead be a 1300mAh generic (hopefully Sanyo) NiMH pack. Cost saving measures?

The manual also states that the red light on the charger will go out after the pack is charged. Is this wall wart really a peak detection charger? By my calculations, the pack should be charged about 22.75 hours for the first "forming" charge... and I did that. I disconnected the charger after about 25 hours when the red light never went out... so this charger behaves as if it's a "dumb" wall wart. What's the real story?

Can't wait to fly it!
Old 09-02-2011, 03:37 AM
JIMF14D

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New Aurora 9 owner... 3 quick questions

If you want to know what SW load you have fire it up, go to the system or info screen page and it tells you.
Ihave two A9s, one from March 2010. The charger works fine but the red light never fully goes out. This is a known problem .

If you contact Hitec support via e-mail they will advise you. I think you can exchange the charger if you want.

Have fun.
Jim D.
Old 09-02-2011, 11:32 AM
A.T.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: New Aurora 9 owner... 3 quick questions

ORIGINAL: xlr82v2 Just got my new Aurora 9, and I have a couple of questions:
On the box, there is a sticker that reads "Firmware version 2.01"... but if I look at the Hitec website, it looks as if they are only showing version 1.9x for the Aurora. Any ideas? Seems kinda wierd to me... stock that has been sitting on the shelf for ??? being ahead of the current update level on the website.
The manual states that the tx should have a 2000mAh Eneloop battery pack, but it looks to instead be a 1300mAh generic (hopefully Sanyo) NiMH pack. Cost saving measures?
The manual also states that the red light on the charger will go out after the pack is charged. Is this wall wart really a peak detection charger? By my calculations, the pack should be charged about 22.75 hours for the first "forming" charge... and I did that. I disconnected the charger after about 25 hours when the red light never went out... so this charger behaves as if it's a "dumb" wall wart. What's the real story? Can't wait to fly it!
1. Relates to the Transceiver, not the transmitter..
For optimum performance:
Current Aurora 9 firmware V1.08(1) 10 July 2011
Current Spectra 2.4Ghz Module firmware V3.01 18 April 2011
Current Optima 7 & 9 Ch Transceiver Firmware firmware V2.01 31 July 2011
Hitec HPP-22 2.4GHz Programmer - Manual, FAQ - How to install & Use Instructions (with screenshots). will assist.

2. Aurora 9 - Battery Installed ex Factory is part #54128 "TX NiMH battery (6 cell) Pack (Flat Type) for AUR (RA9) 7.2v / 1300 MAh"(not an Eneloop 2000)...... Includes notes on Battery Compartment Size, Alternate Batteries and 2S Lipo Capabilities for Aurora & Optima RX.
Aurora 9 - Battery is not charged. Charge before first use so as not to damage battery. Battery is 1300 mAh_charge rate is 80 mAh (to minimise damage if left on to long at any time) = 19-20 hours for first full charge - please read the further details.

3.Aurora 9 - 110/230 Vac charger Charge Plug/adaptor sizes. [Red LED does not change to Green simply dims out but charge continues same rate].

and much more underHitec USA Support Forum Sticky:
Aurora 9, Spectra Modules & Optima Transceivers
- FAQ & Undocumented Features
- Mixes, Setups,Tips.
{Individual Links often updated}

Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links