Community
Search
Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

Optima 9 - Fuel Level Sensor + Gas & Glow

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2011, 12:07 PM
Juker008

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Optima 9 - Fuel Level Sensor + Gas & Glow

I wanted to see if anyone has had any success being able to have the Fuel level sensor monitor fuel levels when gas is mixed with Glow fuel.
Old 12-29-2011, 01:06 PM
A.T.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Optima 9 - Fuel Level Sensor + Gas & Glow

ORIGINAL: Juker008 I wanted to see if anyone has had any success being able to have the Fuel level sensor monitor fuel levels when gas is mixed with Glow fuel.
Telemetry - Instruction Sheets & User Guide with pictures plus Enhancements Under Development.
extract:
"6. Fuel Level Sensor:
Is for Glow Fuel only.
"The problem with gas is that its' density is much lower than glow fuel, or water for that matter,
even with oil mixed; thus the sensors cannot detect it.
I'm not sure if we will be able to overcome this with the existing sensors.Mike."
Sensor - reason for not detecting petrol or kerosene levels
Dielectric Constant of some common Liquids
Methanol (Methyl Alcohol) (31.1 ) (33.1 at 68° F)
Petroleum 2.0-2.2
Kerosene (70° F) 1.8 "

ex "Telemetry" references under Hitec USA Support Forum Sticky:
Aurora 9, AFHSS Spectra Modules, Optima Transceivers, Minima Receivers& Telemetry
- FAQ & Undocumented Features.
- Mixes, Setups,Tips. {Individual Links often updated}

Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links
Old 12-30-2011, 01:25 PM
Juker008

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you for the reply. It seems to me that one member was successful in getting the sensor to work with teh additon of 10% nitro. My question is, 10% nitro added (if so what was the final ratio gas:nitro), or is it a solution of 10% total.
Old 12-30-2011, 05:00 PM
A.T.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Juker008 Thank you for the reply. It seems to me that one member was successful in getting the sensor to work with teh additon of 10% nitro. My question is, 10% nitro added (if so what was the final ratio gas:nitro), or is it a solution of 10% total.
With limited knowledge of liquid mechanics, believe ratio would vary depending upon bothclimate and elevation.
Trial and error at perhaps littlecost does oftenproduce surprisong results.
. Will not damage the sensor nor HTS-SS, but beware asfew tank bungs are able to
withstand both Nitro and Petrol which is why Sullivan & Du-Broprovide separate materials.

Alan T.