Community
Search
Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

For Mike, Flash 5 Display question...

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2003, 01:30 AM
Kansas Twister
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default For Mike, Flash 5 Display question...

I purchased a Flash 5 about 4 months ago, it is working fine in "normal" 4 channel function, but I have discovered a problem with the LCD display. The Elevon function display is nowhere to be found, it should be on the bottom line, in the center, just to the left of the V-Tail function display (which is visible when I scroll thru the menu).

I don't believe that the LCD grid for the word Elevon is there at all, as you can see at an angle, even with the display non-illuminated, all the functions on the display but Elevon. Was this a problem with the display screen? Should it be sent in for repair? I doubt if I'll use the elevon function, but I am somewhat concerned this may interfere with the V-Tail programming, or other functions I will use. Let me know what you think I should do...
Old 08-28-2003, 02:54 PM
MikeMayberry

So you are saying that when you follow the instructions in the manual you cannot get the elevon feature to work? You can only select either V-tail or elevon but not both at the same time. So when you see the V-tail screen press the up or down/timer button to switch to elevon.

Mike.
Old 08-28-2003, 03:13 PM
Kansas Twister

Default Elevon, it just ain't there...

I have the model set to acro, and there is no elevon function displayed when I scroll through the setup menu.

When I scroll through the menu the spot where it should be displayed is there (between the countdown timer and the V-Tail option), and it displays the "acro" and "1" (model number) and "off" (or "on" when I hit the save button), but no Elevon graphic.

Yes, I do know you can only have one or the other of the Elevon and V-Tail option active at one time. I'm telling 'ya, the word Elevon is just not setup on the display; quite weird...Dale
Old 08-28-2003, 04:58 PM
MikeMayberry

Make sure you're not in GLID/ACRO. If you want you can call us and we can try and walk you through it. (858) 748-6948

It is highly unlikely that your radio has a different screen than all the other Flash radios.

Mike
Old 08-28-2003, 11:36 PM
Kansas Twister

Default It's really not there...

Mike-

I programmed a plane of mine by switching the menu spot where elevon should be displayed to "on", and it worked! I also tried the V-Tail option, and it also worked.

The LCD display for the word "Elevon" simply isn't there, even though the function is. I really can't tell you if it was there when I first got the radio or not.

I really don't want to be without my radio to put in a new display, as I have 4 airplanes programmed, and fly 3 or 4 times a week (I'm retired), so will live with it for now...