Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

pc interface

Old 08-19-2012, 09:09 PM
SBOT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default pc interface

Has anyone used the HPP-22 to display flight data on a computer. If so; how did you do it? I can not get mine to work. This is what I have been doing:
After following the instructions from the HTS-SS 2.4Gz Telemetry Product Installation Guide, Page 5 HPP-22 PC Interface, at step #4 Turn on Aurora and select “OK” to transmit, I notice that my Aurora 9 boots up in ppm mode. Then at step #8:
As the target select SPECTRA 2.4 Module
The HPP-22 screen does not prompt me to select: “Sensors data display?”, but instead goes to the regular HPP-22 firmware upgrade screen. Instructing me to plug in the cord to slot #1 on HPP-22 and plug the other end into the Spectra 2.4Gz Module etc...
What am I doing wrong
I have the following firmware ver.
HPP-22= ver1.12
Rec Optima #7 = ver 2.02(0)
Trans Aurora 9 = ver 1.08(1)
2.4Gz Rf Module = ver 3.01(0)
Thanks for any help anyone can give
Oscar
Old 08-20-2012, 01:17 AM
A.T.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: pc interface

ORIGINAL: SBOT Has anyone used the HPP-22 to display flight data on a computer. If so; how did you do it? I can not get mine to work. This is what I have been doing: After following the instructions from the HTS-SS 2.4Gz Telemetry Product Installation Guide, Page 5 HPP-22 PC Interface, at step #4 Turn on Aurora and select “OK” to transmit, I notice that my Aurora 9 boots up in ppm mode. Then at step #8:
As the target select SPECTRA 2.4 Module The HPP-22 screen does not prompt me to select: “Sensors data display?”, but instead goes to the regular HPP-22 firmware upgrade screen. Instructing me to plug in the cord to slot #1 on HPP-22 and plug the other end into the Spectra 2.4Gz Module etc...
What am I doing wrong. I have the following firmware ver.
HPP-22= ver1.12 Rec Optima #7 = ver 2.02(0)
Trans Aurora 9 = ver 1.08(1) 2.4Gz Rf Module = ver 3.01(0)
Thanks for any help anyone can give Oscar
There was a change when the Hitec Telemetry System Command Centre was updated.
Telemetry - Instruction Sheets & User Guide with pictures plus Enhancements Under Development.
(a copy of the updated manual attached hereto)
Following same manual/procedureas above, my A9 also stuck on "PPM".
Neither HTS-SSnor the Blue sensor here tonight so reconnected HPP-22 to module and PC but did not activate A9.
Opened HPP-22 program and then clicked on "Hitec Telemetry System Command Centre", selected HTS-SS,
then HTS-SSBLUE display.
Finally turned on Aurora 9 and hit the "Yes". LED changed to Red and on screen Icon to "AFHSS On Air".
With your sensor installed in your model, you should then be able to activate thedisplays on screen.

If above does not assist, please email your distributor direct and, to assistothers,update this thread with results.

Hitec Warranty & Service
Note: Hitec USA only services North/South America and Canada. (- Closed Weekends)
"1"]• If you are from a country that is outside North and South America, please contact the
Hitec distributor in your country for service.

Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Zx70478.pdf (515.7 KB, 29 views)
Old 08-20-2012, 05:06 PM
SBOT

Thanks Alan, I tried the procedure outlined in the attachment you included, but nothing happened. The instructions state that when you slect the proper HTS-SS sensor station from the drop down menu the sensor data display window will pop up. Not on my computer; nothing happens.

I talked to a Hitec rep today and he told me to send in the HPP-22 for repair. So I will box it up and send it off when I finish this job. I'm in Converse,La a present.

Thanks again
Oscar
Old 08-23-2012, 10:21 PM
SBOT

Okay finally got it working. For some reason this program will not work on my laptop unless it is opened a particular way. Here is how I did it
I have to open the HPP-22 software by right clicking on the shortcut, then click on Run as Administrator, then ,on my computer, a diaolog box comes
up asking if you would like to let this program make changes to your computer; click on yes, and HPP-22 opens. Now continue as you normanally would and all is well. Thanks for the help AT you got me going in the right direction.

Oscar