Community
Search
Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

wiring spc and ubec?

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2012, 12:59 PM
rs402931

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wiring spc and ubec?

hi,

I found this wiring diagram showing the wiring of a ubec, spc, and optima. little confused - if you look closly it shows TWO blk and TWOred bullet conectors on the ESC power leads. Not sure why?? Also is this the best method to use? hopefully the diagram jpg shows up... LOL

thanks
Bob

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Lj22741.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	204.9 KB
ID:	1794067   Click image for larger version

Name:	Om34530.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	204.9 KB
ID:	1794068  
Old 08-21-2012, 01:48 PM
A.T.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: wiring spc and ubec?

ORIGINAL: rs402931 hi, I found this wiring diagram showing the wiring of a ubec, spc, and optima. little confused - if you look closly it shows TWO blk and TWOred bullet conectors on the ESC power leads. Not sure why?? Also is this the best method to use? hopefully the diagram jpg shows up... LOL thanks Bob
Please refer to information and schematics:

. Optima Transceiver (RX) - EP Models Use SPC Port for RX Power Supply
(BEC only is unreliable) & correct Battery Telemetry.

. Optima Transceiver (RX) - SPC connection & Lead FAQ for EP & GP models.
Low & High Voltage setup, Current Draw/Amps

. Telemetry - Battery Voltage via SPC and/or HTS-SS Blue for EP Models

ex Hitec USA Support Forum Sticky:
Aurora 9, AFHSS Spectra Modules, Optima Transceivers, Minima Receivers
& Telemetry
- FAQ & Undocumented Features
- Mixes, Setups,Tips. {Individual Links often updated}

Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links
Old 08-21-2012, 03:01 PM
rs402931

Alan
thanks for the fast reply but. thewiring diagramsi attached are the ones you are now referring me to......My question is: "if you look closly at the diagrams,it shows TWO blk and TWO red bullet conectors on the ESC power leads. Not sure why??"

just want to be sure BEFORE I try it.

thanks
bob s
Old 08-21-2012, 03:49 PM
A.T.

ORIGINAL: rs402931Alan thanks for the fast reply but. thewiring diagramsi attached are the ones you are now referring me to......My question is: "if you look closly at the diagrams,it shows TWO blk and TWO red bullet conectors on the ESC power leads. Not sure why??"just want to be sure BEFORE I try it. thanks bob s
Where in the information made available in post #2 did you find the pictures referred to in post #1?

To get an answer as to why there are separate connectors in your pictures, you would need
to ask the person whooriginally uploaded them - there is no known need to wire the connectors in that
fashon unless perhaps OP was using a very large attery pack and the secondary connections was to
split the voltage so that going to SPC is less than 35V.

Alan T.
Old 08-21-2012, 03:58 PM
JIMF14D

Well it is a little hard to see the details of what you have there but I have done this and this is what you need.

On the the back of the main male connector on the ESC input or on the wires leading from that connector you connect the following:
    [*]Two light wires that run to the RX SPC connector. Hitec gives you this lead with your RX. This powers the RX[*]Two light to medium wires run to the CCBEC (ubec)input. This powers the rest of your radio system servos etc via the CCBEC. The size of these wires depend on the amount of current you will need to supply to the CCBEC. The output of the CCBEC goes to the RX normal power/battery connection.[/list]All these wires are in additon to the two main wires that are feeding the ESC.
    One connector with all these wires plugs into the battery.

You might consider not using the SPC input as long as your CCBEC can provide enough power for you entire system. You will see posts here by Hitec...Mike Mayberry where he does not use the SPC connector.

Have fun,
    Jim D.

Old 08-22-2012, 02:05 AM
rs402931

Hi Alan

I did get it from theinfo from your post # 2. clickingthe link "ASPICTUREDHERE" brings you to that exact pictureI posted, and it shows 2 black and 2 red bullet connectors.

10. . EP (Electric Power) Models - Use SPC Port for best power supply and battery monitoring - Schematic and Screenshots.
. Do not rely on a BEC via servo port - "Electronic Speed Control - Why BEC and LVC cause most EP RX problems"
. Connect SPC lead to ESC battery connector terminals.
In need, remove a little insulation and solder direct to (+) & (-) wires a little behind ESC plug
(Refer attached diagram) and insulate with self amalgamating tape or similar as pictured here.
. Power up SPC First always, this to prevent servo jitter or accident. (note 7. above also refers.).
. Telemetry - Battery Voltage via SPC for EP Models (including above 6S Lipo).

JIM - the post from mike mayberry I remembered reading awhile back but I'm unable to locate it now. You wouldn't know where I could find it
would you?

thanks
Bob S

Old 08-22-2012, 12:34 PM
A.T.

ORIGINAL: rs402931

Hi Alan I did get it from theinfo from your post # 2. clickingthe link "ASPICTUREDHERE" brings you to that exact pictureI posted, and it shows 2 black and 2 red bullet connectors.
10. . EP (Electric Power) Models - Use SPC Port for best power supply and battery monitoring - Schematic and Screenshots.
<snip></snip>
Hi Bob, sorry for doubting you as I had forgotten that insert. (old age catching up fast)
Had not previously noticed the doubled connector and there is nothing in the surrounding posts which
mentions any possible reason, (other than say in my last post).
That link has nowbeenremovedto avoid any confusion in the future.
Please be guided by the schematic attached opening page.

Alan T.