Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

Aurora 9 trainer cord to other brands of radios

Old 01-12-2013, 10:48 AM
aeajr
My Feedback: (2)

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Aurora 9 trainer cord to other brands of radios

is there an adapter cable of some kind that will allow an Aurora 9 users to be buddy cord connected to another brand of radio?

I have a Futba 9C and would like to be able to help Hitec pilots.

many of our members have JR and Spektrum radios.

No one else in the club has an A9 but one of the new members is planning to buy one. If we can't support him I need to tell him not to buy it.

Old 01-12-2013, 11:28 AM
A.T.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Aurora 9 trainer cord to other brands of radios

ORIGINAL: aeajr
is there an adapter cable of some kind that will allow an Aurora 9 users to be buddy cord connected to another brand of radio?
I have a Futba 9C and would like to be able to help Hitec pilots.
many of our members have JR and Spektrum radios.
No one else in the club has an A9 but one of the new members is planning to buy one. If we can't support him I need to tell him not to buy it.
Yes.
The 6 Pin DINconnector is included in the full package and details ofaRTU mini square adapter areincluded,
together with a schematic for DIY, under:
Hitec Aurora 9 - Trainer / Buddy system Master & Slave function Set-up. - & Data Transfer A9<>A9 etc.
- Also covers Eclipse 7 Pro & other Hitec RCD transmitters.

ex Hitec USA Support Forum Sticky:
Aurora 9, AFHSS Modules, Optima & Telemetry
- FAQ & Undocumented Features
- Mixes, Setups,Tips. {Individual Links often updated}

Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links
Old 08-01-2014, 06:06 AM
syamaner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yesterday I have used the same setup (Student Futaba 9C and Teacher Aurora 9). I have used the simulator connector for Futaba with a cross over trainer cord for Aurora. Everything was fine... Until the plug went out only one click! We lost control of the aircraft which landed almost safely in a field thanks to the correct fail safe settings.
We made some tests afterwards.
If during the flight you remove the trainer cord there is no problem. The master transmitter can control the aircraft. If however yo do not completely remove the plug but get it out "one click" things get out of control. Neither the student nor the master transmitter can control the aircraft. Even if you plug the cord again. Even if you release the trainer button. The only remedy is restarting the master transmitter. I think this is a very important software bug of the Aurora.
Does someone tell me how I can relay this info to Hitec?