Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

HS225 BB centering....

Old 09-18-2003, 08:12 AM
xp8103
My Feedback: (16)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HS225 BB centering....

Bought 3 225BB's for a Composite ARF Skydancer, to use on the elevator, rudder and throttle. Was setting up my elevator pushrod and found the 225 to be centering VERY poorly. The centering seemed to be better returning from one direction than from the other. I tried another new one and found the same thing. Upon returning from one direction, the arm would slow as it approached center and complete the final several degrees in slow motion. I found when I hooked up my elevator pushrod that, on occasion, it would not center at all, until I deflected it again, in the opposite direction.

Opinions? I am not inclined to use them on this plane.
Old 09-18-2003, 02:46 PM
MikeMayberry
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: HS225 BB centering....

The 225's have average centering due to the 3-pole motor but the 5245 which is the digital version has much better centering and holding torque; they would be a much better choice for that plane.

Mike.