Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

Battery AND charger swappable?

Old 05-06-2013, 07:12 AM
Gordks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Battery AND charger swappable?

I have been using an Optic 6 for about three years and just discovered that centering on all primary channels offsets slightly when switching dual rates. This was not a problem until I started flying a Multiplex Parkmaster and suddenly it is a serious problem because of the gigantic control surfaces and throws. The problem did exist on all models on the Optic 6 but was just not noticeable with less sensitive models. Ihave an Auroura 9 on order but in the meantime I am moving sensitive models to an Eclipse 7 that I was using on simulators. There is absolutely no problem with centering and dual rates on the Eclipse.

The Eclipse came with a 660 mAh NiCd battery. The Optic 6 came with a 1300 mAh NiMh battery. I see that the battery in the Optic 6 does list the Eclipse 7 as a compatible transmitter. My question is, can Ican use the NiMh charger from the Optic 6 to charge the Eclipse 7 if I swap the batteries. Everything is physically compatible, but will there be any other problems?

Gord Seifert

Note: I have since tried this and it seems to work just fine. I would still appreceiate a heads up if I am doing something that might harm the Eclipse.

Old 05-06-2013, 12:14 PM
A.T.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Battery AND charger swappable?

ORIGINAL: Gordks
I have been using an Optic 6 for about three years and just discovered that centering on all primary channels offsets slightly when switching dual rates. This was not a problem until I started flying a Multiplex Parkmaster and suddenly it is a serious problem because of the gigantic control surfaces and throws. The problem did exist on all models on the Optic 6 but was just not noticeable with less sensitive models. Ihave an Auroura 9 on order but in the meantime I am moving sensitive models to an Eclipse 7 that I was using on simulators. There is absolutely no problem with centering and dual rates on the Eclipse.
The Eclipse came with a 660 mAh NiCd battery. The Optic 6 came with a 1300 mAh NiMh battery. I see that the battery in the Optic 6 does list the Eclipse 7 as a compatible transmitter. My question is, can Ican use the NiMh charger from the Optic 6 to charge the Eclipse 7 if I swap the batteries. Everything is physically compatible, but will there be any other problems?
Gord Seifert
Note: I have since tried this and it seems to work just fine. I would still appreceiate a heads up if I am doing something that might harm the Eclipse.
Yes. No problem, refer answer just provided previous thread.

Following will also assist:

. Hitec Aurora, Eclipse, Flash, Optic & Prism series TX - Lipo and Field / Fast Charging

. Hitec Eclipse 7 & Eclipse 7 Pro - FAQ - Setup and Additional Programming

. Hitec Optic 6 & Optic 6 Sport - Manuals, Tutorial, Comparison Charts, Updates & FAQ

Much more information available below
"Radio Systems, Accessories, Alterations and FAQ" at
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links

Alan T.

Old 05-06-2013, 01:12 PM
Gordks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Battery AND charger swappable?

Thanks for the response AT! It is the excellent support from folks like you and Mike, and from Hitec RCD USA, that makes me feel quite confident in ordering another Hitec transmitter even though Ijust found that I have had a minor problem with the Optic 6 for years.

Regards,
Gord