Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

Spektrum module for A9

Old 05-19-2013, 01:44 AM
XDAndy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spektrum module for A9

This question has undoubtedly been raised a lot, and I've found a lot of info on mods and DIY modules for sale.

Of note is Hammer's module which I am seriously contemplating bar the potential it may not be legal in the UK.
However, I came across this thread to which Mike Mayberry

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_6237215/tm.htm

Where he says

I'd say it's the best option for now. You could also use the Spektrum module/RX for Futaba as it will work as well. In theory you should also be able to use the Futaba module/rx too but I don't know for sure since I haven't tested it. I know the Futaba car version works with our SRX/CRX.

I have talked to both Dave at XPS who said they did all the testing with an Optic, and Paul from Spektrum who was unsure why they only listed Futaba compatibility as the module fits and works with no problems.

No, the Hitec warranty would not be affected.

Mike.

Hitec RCD Rep
http://www.hitecrcd.com

Hide Signatures

(in reply toaeajr)
Old 05-19-2013, 01:47 AM
XDAndy

Default RE: Spektrum module for A9

Sorry, iPad doesn't like this site.

Anyway, question is whether or not this is still valid for the A9?

Seem to remember there was something about the a9 having a direct digital connection to the spectra module and this being the explanation.

Tia

Andy
Old 05-19-2013, 03:06 AM
A.T.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: XDAndy
Sorry, iPad doesn't like this site. Anyway, question is whether or not this is still valid for the A9?
Seem to remember there was something about the a9 having a direct digital connection to the spectra module and this being the explanation.
Tia Andy
A Hitec 2.4Ghz Spectra module is the only one suitable for the Optic 6 and other module based Hitec transmitters,
that referred to will not fit the pin layout within the socket of an Aurora 9.

The only information relating to a Spektrum module or substitute available for use in an A9 is covered under:
. Spectra 2.4GHz module - Spektrum DIY Conversion Fly BNF's. with DM8 for MZ and DC/DC converter. Original article post #59
. Spectra 2.4GHz module - Spektrum DSM2-DSMX transmitter modules for Hitec Aurora 9, Eclipse 7 & Optic 6

Have not yet seen any FCCcert for DCHammer's unit for use within USA, besides FCCcert does not apply within UK.
Legailty for use in UK is up to the user to sort out as Hitec can not accept any responsibilty, refer "After Market Accessories"

ex Hitec USA Support Forum Sticky:
Aurora 9, AFHSS 2.4Ghz Module, Transceivers_Receivers & Telemetry
- FAQ, Setups & Tips

Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links
Old 05-22-2013, 02:47 PM
XDAndy

Thanks Alan,

I think that's where I'd kind of gotten

Appreciate your time