Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

Puzzling Throttle Cut Problem - Aurora 9

Old 05-07-2014, 08:21 AM
Daniel-EL
My Feedback: (9)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Puzzling Throttle Cut Problem - Aurora 9

I should be able to noodle this one out, but so far, no luck. I set up my Aurora 9 throttle cut function to use switch H, set it at -10% just like my other planes, When I throttle back to off position with the stick, there is no response from activating switch H. I found that there is a normal response to switch H activation when the throttle stick is about half open, but nothing above or below this stick position. What am I doing wrong?
Old 05-07-2014, 11:26 AM
A.T.

Originally Posted by Daniel-EL View Post
I should be able to noodle this one out, but so far, no luck.
I set up my Aurora 9 throttle cut function to use switch H, set it at -10% just like my other planes,
When I throttle back to off position with the stick, there is no response from activating switch H.
I found that there is a normal response to switch H activation when the throttle stick is about half open,
but nothing above or below this stick position. What am I doing wrong?
Please refer to:
. Aurora 9 - Throttle Cut & Idle Down Set-Up.. Throttle Cut Programming - Step by Step.

ex Hitec USA Support Forum Sticky:
Aurora 9, 9 X AFHSS 2.4Ghz Module, Transceivers Receivers Telemetry
- FAQ, Setups & Tips

Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links
Old 05-08-2014, 12:16 PM
Daniel-EL
My Feedback: (9)

Thanks for the feedback. I knew all that set-up stuff from doing it to my other airplanes, but it didn't work for some reason with my new one.

Found out the throttle limits were set at 120 (high) and 60 (low). My throttle trim therefore couldn't adjust below the 60 limit. I reset the low limit to 100 and now I have plenty of low throttle trim and can cut it off with Throttle Cut switch H. Yea!

Maybe the throttle limits should be a checkpoint in the Throttle Cut instructions.

Last edited by Daniel-EL; 05-08-2014 at 12:44 PM.