Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

standard Servos and 4S Lipo's

Old 02-15-2015, 03:48 PM
hookedonrc

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default standard Servos and 4S Lipo's

Read something that threw me. I am going to build an electric version of the Kadet Sr. and it calls for standard servos. This is not my first electric plane, but the first one that doesn't already come with a matched power plant. I am considering Hitec Standard HS 430 BH servos and in the notes it shows them rated to Nimh 4-7 cells, or a 2S Lipo's. I am using a 4s lipo for power and am now wondering if this means I can't use the Hitec's?
Old 02-16-2015, 09:42 AM
pilotpete2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In an electric powered model, the receiver and servos are not directly powered by the flight battery.
In most cases the ESC has a BEC (battery eliminator circuit) that drops the voltage down. Another option is to run a separate BEC from the flight battery, or you can simply run a conventional receiver pack, 2S LiFe being ideal.
No receiver or servo is designed to handle the 16.8V of a fully charged Lipo. The new HV servos like the HS430HB is designed to run directly on 2S Lipo for max torque and speed.
Pete
Old 02-16-2015, 12:32 PM
hookedonrc

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks Pete, I appreciate the feedback.