Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

Hitec Servos and Spectrum AR9020 RX Compatabiltity Issues

Old 02-22-2015, 01:51 PM
Robert Willis

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Hitec Servos and Spectrum AR9020 RX Compatabiltity Issues

I have a brand new Spektrum DX9 Black Edition that came with the AR9020 RX. I purchased some Hitec HS-5485HB servos from the LHS and Tower Hobbies and was assured that they were compatible with the Spektrum AR9020 RX.

The Hitec HS5485HB will NOT plug into the Spektrum AR9020 RX and it appears that the bevels on the servo connector have not been cut correctly. I have a E-Mail into Hitec technical support to see if they have had this reported by other customers. Has anyone else experienced this issue?

I also purchased a JR Deluxe Switch and it also would NOT connect to the Spektrum AR9020 RX also for the same reason.

I called Spektrum since I also purchased the Spektrum SPMB2150NM 2150mAh 6V NiMH Receiver batter and it will NOT plug into the AR9020 RX. I call SPektrum and they suggested I trim the connector on the battery to get it to fit. This is BS and the manufacture should fix the issue. I have a E-Mail into Spektrum to discuss the issue with them.

I have been a Futaba user for many years and never had these types of issues. This is my first Spektrum radio and I cannot belive the issue I am having just trying to get the hardware connected properly.
Old 02-23-2015, 05:02 PM
Robert Willis

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I spoke to Hitec technical support today, where I was told that this is the first they have heard of the issue. He went onto say that he would not be surprised if Specktrum modified the connector assembly on the RX to reject the "Universal Connector", to force the user to purchase only their servos and accessories.

His solution was to shave the servo connector or modify the RX connector to fit. I asked about warranty if modification were done to the Hitec servo and he indicated that it would not be a issue. When I asked for a E-Mail confirming this, he indicated that they were providing the "Universal Connector"

Does anyone have the speciations on the "Universal Connector"?