Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

9x battery warning

Old 02-28-2015, 04:01 PM
14MZ flyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 9x battery warning

Hi to all

Here is a post for Hitec technical support. Lets see if you can answer this question?

I fly gliders, all over the country, and have been doing this for over 10 years now. I have had various transmitters in the past, but my last two have been Hitec, with the Aurora 9 and now the 9x.

I have used my transmitters at various locations throughout the UK, and continue to do so.

Recently I was flying at a location and got a transmitter low battery beep and vibration, even though my battery was reading 76%. As I did not know what this error was at the time, I monitored my display and carried on flying. Then the transmitter shut off, so I lost one of my gliders.

I was flying again this weekend at a different location, again after a few flights I got the same warning at a percentage of 68%, I landed my glider, left the radio for around 10 minutes then commenced flying again with a reading of 72%.

I walked further up the ridge and got the same low battery warning, I immediately walked down the ridge to land and the warning stopped, battery percentage 67%. I carried on flying for another couple of hours.

On my last flight battery percentage 45% I walked back up the ridge, and again got a low battery warning. I again walked back to the landing area and within a few yards the low battery warning stopped. I carried on flying for another 30 minutes before landing my glider, battery percentage 43%.

What have the two places that I flew got in common? A microwave transmission mast..... At the first venue it was quite a tall mast with I would presume a high output, where as the one at weekend was a pretty small mast, with a low output.

So my question to technical support is. What is different in the 9x compared to the Aurora 9 that causes this error. I have flown at the same locations with the Aurora 9 and never had a problem. Now all of a sudden I have to choose where I can fly so I do not get interference.

Have any other 9x users had this problem, I would be interested in your feedback..
Old 03-02-2015, 12:45 PM
nimrim

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

To Wkevinm and 14mzflter

Thank You for responding and Thank You Mr RC Universe for letting this go through. I found a LiPo battery from Hobby People made for Airtronics radios which is a nice fit. The outcome did not change . There is two meter screens on the Aurora, between about 75% flashing to about 67% flashing with 7.2volt a third screen appears stating 3.8 volt and everything stops working. Setting on my desk top with the switch on it will drain the battery in a normal time without this event happening. The event happens when there is a TX and a RX in play such as in flight or working on my workbench setting up an airplane. I have 10 receivers for this radio and I was hoping I could continue without loading eight or more airplanes into another system. If it is something I am doing I wish I knew, I am sending the radio, batteries and charger into Hitec Repair Center for testing. I truthfully do not expect much all I can do is move on. I picked this forum because the the description of what is happening in the previous post from Ben Blest is the same as what is happening to me.

Some more information: 14mzflyer is referring to microwave towers or electric lines. This is not the case. I have been flying at the same field for twelve years. What we have is a dirt runway in the Arizona desert without water or electric power but we do have rattle snakes and cactus. We race cars, fly fomies, helicopters, nitro, electric , Pattern and IMAC. We are AMA with most of the membership being grandfathers or great grandfathers they have much to say about everything and I am the only one with a problem.

Thank You again for replying.

Nimrim