Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

Are the new generation HV analog servos compatible with higher frame rates?

Old 05-26-2015, 02:49 PM
pilotpete2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Are the new generation HV analog servos compatible with higher frame rates?

After setting up a new model with new Hitec HV digitals on all the control surfaces, but an HS-430BH HV on the throttle. I realized that the system I was running had the higher refresh rate (Futba S.Bus with an XPS X10 board). Well, the HS-430BH seems to be perfectly content running at the higher refresh rate. Just for grins, I switch the throttle channel to an HS-325HB, the 325 was very distressed!
Was this newer analog servo designed with the higher refresh rates in mind? FWIW, the HS-430 is my go-to standard sport servo
Regards,
Pete
Old 05-26-2015, 05:21 PM
JimDrew
My Feedback: (16)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have found that quite a few of the new analog servos are likely using the same firmware that their digital counter part is using, because they do handle 333Hz (3ms) frame rates from gyros and flight stabilization systems. Futaba's frame rate is either 7ms or 14ms, depending on the setup. The X10+ board does pass the input frame rate to the servos.