Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

Aurora 9. Binding issue

Old 07-17-2016, 03:52 AM
ABORH

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aurora 9. Binding issue

I have an Aurora 9 and a Futaba 9C with at Hitec 2.4 transmitter module. With both, I have noticed that I will go to the field to fly and find the models "unbound" from the transmitter. I use only Optima 6 or 7 receivers. I find no correlation between the time a model sits and the time I switch on the receivers/transmitter to fly. The tx and rec batteries are charged before going to the field.

Is there not "flash" memory in the receiver to prevent this from happening?

I always seem to find out before flying, but it is rather annoying to re-bind everything at the field.

Thank you in advance for your opinions.
Old 07-17-2016, 03:21 PM
All Day Dan
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You're lucky that you still have your models since your receivers are unbinding. They are supposed to be bonded permanently under any condition, flying or not. If your components were from one manufacturer I would suggest that you send it in for a check. Try here to see if this guy can help. Dan.

http://www.radiosouthrc.com/
Old 07-18-2016, 10:20 AM
Xpress

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

They should not de-link under any circumstance, most likely the issue is with the module. Please return it to us for servicing:

http://hitecrcd.com/support/warranty-service
Old 07-18-2016, 12:40 PM
ABORH

Thank you.
I just can not understand what I am doing incorrectly.
Have there been any software updates that may have addressed this. I just purchased the computer-transmitter/receiver interface to update the firmware.
I have had 3 apparently unbind so far.
I shall send them in.

Thank you
Old 07-19-2016, 06:48 AM
Xpress

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

The latest firmware for the module is 3.01 and the transmitter 1.09- both need to be updated in order for everything to work properly. If it's still not functioning properly after doing this then you will have to send it into us. I would send both the transmitter and the module.

Last edited by Xpress; 07-19-2016 at 07:54 AM.
Old 07-19-2016, 08:45 AM
ABORH

Thank you very much for your prompt response. I shall update the software and see what happens.

Thanks again,

Kip