Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

Multiplex Royal Evo 12 ch 2.4 upgrade question

Old 10-30-2018, 03:34 AM
Bambook7
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow Multiplex Royal Evo 12 ch 2.4 upgrade question

Hello!

I have the above Tx with 72 Mhz, and I want to upgrade it to 2.4. I've researched in the internet about already, but the results are ambiguous.
First I thought to buy a Multiplex module, but since the receivers are expensive I turned to FrSky modules. Now which one of them should I use, and to which software version should I upgrade my Tx? I know that if the software is too old OR too updated - the transition to 2.4 might not work.

I'd appreciate direct answers, and please try not convince me to give up the idea of upgrading my Multiplex.. I've made up my mind for my good reasons

Thanks in advance,
Amnon.
Old 10-30-2018, 11:03 AM
Xpress

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Needs to have 2.62 at least if I remember correctly. There is a physical hardware change that was required to update to this level that couldn't be done on the user end.
Old 11-04-2018, 05:31 AM
FSki

When MPX upgraded the Evo to the M Link Royal Pro the firmware changed to version 3.xx and this utilised a digital link between the Tx and module so 12 channel EVO became 16 channel Royal Pro and also 2 way communication for telemetry back to the display (and a limited vario), but this meant that modules designed to work with a PPM feed wouldn't work. Your Tx with 2.4 should work fine with the Frsky DIY module, some info on fitting it on a UK forum here Royal evo 9 upgrade with Frsky hack module

Note the reference to the diode on the PPM line refers to the older Frsky DIY modules which could be overloaded, I think this has been fixed now.
Old 11-23-2018, 05:58 PM
Highflight
My Feedback: (4)

As far as I'm concerned, the ONLY great option to update the EVO 12 is with the XPS conversion 2.4Mhz module.
It's inexpensive to start with, the XPS receivers and accessories are reasonable as well, and if you upgrade your EVO 12 with newer firmware, you'll end up with a Multiplex "SX 16" transmitter, a true 16 channels instead of the 12 channels you have now with your EVO 12.

Scroll down a little to the EVO module:
https://www.xtremepowersystems.net/products.php?cat=12

Originally Posted by Bambook7 View Post
Hello!

I have the above Tx with 72 Mhz, and I want to upgrade it to 2.4. I've researched in the internet about already, but the results are ambiguous.
First I thought to buy a Multiplex module, but since the receivers are expensive I turned to FrSky modules. Now which one of them should I use, and to which software version should I upgrade my Tx? I know that if the software is too old OR too updated - the transition to 2.4 might not work.

I'd appreciate direct answers, and please try not convince me to give up the idea of upgrading my Multiplex.. I've made up my mind for my good reasons

Thanks in advance,
Amnon.
Old 11-23-2018, 11:50 PM
Bambook7
My Feedback: (1)

Thanks Highflight.
Well, I really don't need 16 channels, I don't even need the 12 channels.. So this advantage is not relevant for me.

I"ve heard no so great things about the XPS modules. It's not first handed impression - only things people reported so it might be negative impression for non-objective reasons.
On the other hand, I"ve heard nothing but good things about the FrSky modules, both technically & money wise.
I know that unless a professional checks & compare things objectively - making a conclusion is shaky.. Trends affect opinions & personal experience (for good or for bad) doesn't necessary imply about some objective conclusion.
So I really can't tell the best suited module for my EVO 12. I know I've seen a few videos showing how to do this upgrade with the DHT FrSky module, and I"ve already ordered it 2 days ago.
I looked now at the link you sent, and it looks great (though much more expensive). If the upgrade with the DHT FrSky module doesn't work well - I'd buy the XPS module.

Thanks a bunch !
Amnon.
Old 08-26-2020, 05:22 AM
ShaharAv

Default Evo 12

Hi Amnon,

I realize this is an old thread...
Do you still have this unit and are you interested in selling it?
Are you located in Israel?
Please contact me if this is relevant...
Thanks,
Shahar

Thanks in advance,
Amnon.[/QUOTE]