Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

Aurora 9 Receiver Voltage

Old 11-22-2020, 05:35 PM
fivezees
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aurora 9 Receiver Voltage

If this has been answered before please forgive me. I have been using a Hitec Aurora 9 for many years now in Giant Scale Aircraft and have been totally satisfied.

I am 68 years old and have just recently switched to "new" technology. I have finally installed 2-Fromeco 5200 mah ReLion batteries in my new Skywing 104" Slick.
Here is my question:

I am using a Smart Fly Competition 12 Power Expander so the voltage shown on my Aurora 9 screen is 4.9 volts. This is of course the voltage being supplied to the receiver. How can I have the actual voltage of my 2 receiver batteries displayed on my screen? I have tapped into the lead from one on the batteries and connected it to the SPC port on the receiver and this indeed shows the battery voltage however the red light on my Optima 9 receiver remains lit even when the the Failsafe Pin Switch of my SF is is turned off.

The receiver is not activated but I am concerned I am draining the batteries by connecting to the SPC port in this way.

Suggestions ?