Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

5645's

Old 10-21-2003, 08:57 PM
craigman
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 5645's

Just a note..... stay away from the 5645 digitals....have a problem with them locking up and Hitech says "we're not aware of ANY of our servos having a problem" and Hitech doesn't offer any help with these, and doesn't seem to want to either..[:@]
Just my experience.....hopefully your's will be better.
Old 10-22-2003, 08:51 PM
mglavin
My Feedback: (31)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: 5645's

Please note below, I copied this info from another thread, in response to a user that was having locking up or hard over conditions. The user eventually found that the servos were not at fault. A possible scenario I outlined below realitive to a bad or dirty connection in the wing, extensions and or wyes used to drive the servos was the culprit. Several cycles of the connectors eliminated the problem all together...

Maybe if you provided some specific info of your dilema we can help you out why Mike Mayberry is out on vacation...

There is NO problem using Hitec Digitals, I exclusively use these in my fleet of GS models. I have well over a hundred of these servos in use, no problems to date...There has been some issues with some users with poor connections, voltage degradation, inappropriate connectors, wyes, amplifiers and more. IN most cases these problems are inherently found within the specific model and or installation and no fault of the digital servo. The digital servo amplifiers signal input is bi-directional, this requires that the wiring system as outlined above must be first rate. The aforementioned wiring system idosyncrasies most likely exist with other set-ups but users are simply getting away with a would be problem... There has been some growing pains with this new servo technology, so there has been some actual problems with the equipment, BUT and I stress these problems have been worked out and are a thing of the past.
Old 10-28-2003, 12:36 AM
Ralpher
My Feedback: (58)

I just came up from my shop and experienced the same problem with a brand new Hitec 5645 installed on a Hanger 9 CAP, 80" Altilia I am finishing up. Probably 30 minutes ago. Now I am a bit leary of the servos. I have (2) 5625s on the ailerons, and (2) 5645's on the elevator halves, and one 5645 on the rudder. A Hitec 475BB for throttle. All are brand new from Tower. I am using a Futaba Super 8, channels 2 and 8 ailevator mix per instructions and as I have done before numerous times with other dual elevator servo models, not wanting to use a reverser. After getting it all set up, I plugged in the elevator servos and the rhs servo just went full lock. Lucky the push rod wasn't connected yet. I removed the servo from the receiver, swapped positions with the lhs elevator servo and the exact same thing. Fine for about 15 seconds and then full lock up. I am using MPI HD extensions, SR batteries 2000 mAh pack and a 1000 mAh back up, and the servos are not sharing any other connections. I removed the servo, cut away the shrink on the extension (to ensure it wasn't backwards) and took the extension off. I plugged it into the throttle channel and same thing. 15 seconds or so and full travel, locks up. Same with rudder channel. I am a bit concerned should this happen in the air! I am going to order a replacement tomorrow from Tower (instead of "making them" send me a new one before they get this back..) and return the defective one to them. Just a post to address the other gents earlier concerns. BTW, this is the THIRD Hitec digital that has been defective out of the box for me in the last year or so. The other two were tail rotor servos, and both failures occured on the ground, testing during hovering. I have switched to Futaba for tail rotor gyro servos....but everything else is Hitec, probably 100 or so and never any failures except the digital ones.
Old 10-28-2003, 05:36 PM
Panzlflyer
My Feedback: (15)

They may be new from Tower but whats the date on the servo. If it was befor Mar02 then they need the update.