Community
Search
Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

HS 605 centering

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2003, 03:54 PM
dleppard
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HS 605 centering

Hi,

I have an HS 605 that has been a reliable servo for me. I want to put it into the wing of an Aeroworks 80" Profile Extra 300. The servo seems fine, but when I turn off either the receiver or the transmitter, and the servo decenters. The when I turn either one on again, it recenters. Then it works normally in all respects that I can detect (I have inspected its operation carefully). Is there any reason to be concerned with using it? It was through a crash, but as far as I can tell sustained no damage.

Thanks!

Dave Leppard
Old 11-20-2003, 12:16 PM
MikeMayberry
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: HS 605 centering

That's normal.
Old 11-20-2003, 04:29 PM
dleppard
My Feedback: (5)

Thanks for the help! One more question- I have to buy an extra 605 to create a match between the two for both wings. My option is to use the 605 for something else and buy a couple of the new bargain digitals instead (believe the number is 5475). How much of an improvement in function could I expect by going the extra mile and buying the digitals? I notice in the specs that the 605's actually have more torque, but apparently the new gear train in the digitals is tougher anyway. What's your take on this decision for a small giant scale application like I'm doing?

Thanks,

Dave
Old 11-21-2003, 01:37 PM
MikeMayberry
My Feedback: (1)

The 5475's would be a good choice on the ailerons.

Mike.