Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

Who owns Hitec/Multiplex?

Old 01-25-2004, 01:45 PM
PlaneKrazee
My Feedback: (14)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who owns Hitec/Multiplex?

Who owns Hitec/Multiplex?

Is it an individual? What is his name and where is he from?
Old 01-26-2004, 11:28 PM
EdwardB
My Feedback: (6)

Default RE: Who owns Hitec/Multiplex?

Just did a few searches and checks... appears the parent company is HITEC R.C.D KOREA, INC. Their home website is http://hitecrcd.co.kr/. There's some English, but mostly not, so not too much to learn there. They are listed on the Korea Stock Exchange, so apparently are publicly held. More info at http://eng.interbill.co.kr/coInfo/co...oration&alpa=H. Click on H, and do a search on Hitec, and you'll find their listing with more details.
Old 01-27-2004, 12:37 PM
MikeMayberry
My Feedback: (1)

It is owned by an individual from Korea.

Mike.
Old 02-06-2004, 09:47 PM
BRN2FLI

Mike, I've been reading some different threads on the EVO. I noticed that you had answers and comments on some of them. I have a few questions for you. Does the EVO 9, 12 ch come with a 72 MHz module, and is the scanner available for it yet? All the hobby shops that I found on the web advertise 35, & 53 MHz only. Sense doing some research for my next radio, I've decided to go with the 12 ch EVO with the synthesizer module. I have'nt heard of anyone in the states that carry it and the synthesized receivers (if available). I'm in South Carolina and would appreciate any comments or suggestions you have on the radio. Thanks. Scott
Old 02-09-2004, 03:53 PM
Highflight
My Feedback: (4)

Mikes gone for a few days but common knowledge has it that :

1. Yes, the 9 and 12 is produced with 72mhz modules for US consumption. Many of us (a good 20 or 30 ) are already flying with them.
2. The scanner is only available for the European frequencies. When it will come to the US for 72mhz use is still an unannounced mystery.
3. If all you can find are 35mhz and 53mhz radios, you're probably looking at UK web sites.
4. Go to the Hitec website where they list the distributors that carry the EVO. http://www.multiplexusa.com/WTB_files/wtb.htm Any one of them "carry it" but it is not likely that any of them have any synth models in stock at this time. The ones that just came in the most recent shipment were already all spoken for before they even got here. Until the supply loosens up, about the only way you're going to get a Synth TX is to order it and wait, wait, wait. It took me four months to get my EVO12/Synth TX (only) from the time I (back)ordered it.
5. There are absolutely NO synthesized receivers here yet and may not be for a few more months at best guess. Your best bet to get a Synth Transmitter is to order it by itself and not as a Synth TX/RX set. If you order that set, you'll be waiting a long, long time.

Highflight

ORIGINAL: BRN2FLI

Mike, I've been reading some different threads on the EVO. I noticed that you had answers and comments on some of them. I have a few questions for you. Does the EVO 9, 12 ch come with a 72 MHz module, and is the scanner available for it yet? All the hobby shops that I found on the web advertise 35, & 53 MHz only. Sense doing some research for my next radio, I've decided to go with the 12 ch EVO with the synthesizer module. I have'nt heard of anyone in the states that carry it and the synthesized receivers (if available). I'm in South Carolina and would appreciate any comments or suggestions you have on the radio. Thanks. Scott
Old 02-09-2004, 07:08 PM
BRN2FLI

Thanks for the reply, I think I'll go with the standard EVO 12 for now, Because I found a shop that has several in stock, then get the synthesized module later when they are easier to come by.
Old 02-09-2004, 07:49 PM
Highflight
My Feedback: (4)

I think that's a real smart move

Highflight

ORIGINAL: BRN2FLI

Thanks for the reply, I think I'll go with the standard EVO 12 for now, Because I found a shop that has several in stock, then get the synthesized module later when they are easier to come by.