Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

Hitec HS-5475HB - Do they include metal servo arms?

Old 01-26-2004, 12:57 PM
Basil Yousif
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hitec HS-5475HB - Do they include metal servo arms?

Hi Mike;

I just purchased many of the HS-5475HB Standard Digital servos for three planes. The instructions say that all digital servos come with metal servo arms but none of these servos came with any in the servo arm bag.

Also can these servos be used for the dual eliviator servos needed for the Patty Wagstaff quarter scale plane - with a DA50. I did get the better 925 and 945,s for the ailerons and rudder servos but I am wanting to use 2 of the 5475HB's for the elivator.

Also which servo set would you use for the airlerons the 945 or 925's
Old 01-27-2004, 12:18 PM
MikeMayberry
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Hitec HS-5475HB - Do they include metal servo arms?

Actually only the metal geared digital servos come with the aluminum horns. The digital Karbonite servos come with the new Heavy Duty black horn set. We know of several people that are using those servos in similar type aircraft with excellent success. However, if you plan to fly the plane 3D with mass throws I would opt for a metal geared servo instead.

I feel the 945's are a better choice. The 925's are too fast in my opinion for that application and will make the plane twitchy.

Mike.
Old 01-28-2004, 05:26 PM
Basil Yousif
My Feedback: (3)

For my P51 I was using the long JR servo arms which was a mistake because they were slipping on the Hitec servo. For the Aileron
servos I would need long Hitec servo arms can I use the two piece arm in the servo bag or are they not strong enough for ailerons on a high performance plane. What can you suggest for long strong servo arms - part#

Also I was going to use HS-5475HB Standard Digital servos for the elivators on the Patty 1/4 scale are they strong enough or would you move the 925's to the elivator and put the 5475's on the rudder.
Thanks; Basil
Old 01-28-2004, 05:31 PM
MikeMayberry
My Feedback: (1)

Hitec does offer a larger HD horn set. (Part#55709) It should work fine.

Mike.