Community
Search
Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

Evo-9

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2004, 10:35 PM
Smokin Cap
My Feedback: (49)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Evo-9

Mike....I bought an Evo-9 from Hobby Horse. The left stick automaticaly centers like the right stick on both axis. Is this the way they come? Did they send me a Heli version of the transmitter? When im flying and I want to scratch my nose with my left hand I dont want the throttle to automaticaly go to 50% if that is not what i want. Help....can I bring it in to make it normal?
Old 02-01-2004, 12:44 AM
Highflight
My Feedback: (4)

Default RE: Evo-9

ORIGINAL: qm1usn

Mike....I bought an Evo-9 from Hobby Horse. The left stick automaticaly centers like the right stick on both axis. Is this the way they come? Did they send me a Heli version of the transmitter? When im flying and I want to scratch my nose with my left hand I dont want the throttle to automaticaly go to 50% if that is not what i want. Help....can I bring it in to make it normal?
All the EVO's come that way as shipped.
It's really simple to configure the stick the way you want in both tension and ratcheting (two separate adjustments; you can either without the other if you like). It's covered in paragraph 7.4.6 in the manual.
Remember, when all else fails, read the instructions

Highflight
Old 02-04-2004, 10:18 PM
BRN2FLI
My Feedback: (1)

Hi, I'm trying to gather some info on the 9, 12 ch EVO. Are they as good as they advertise? Or are they just another version of the Tracker II, and not everything that they say it is. I was planning to buy a 9z or a 10x till I heard about the EVO from a friend. I've downloaded the manual, and it sounds to good to be true. Any remarks would be greatly appreciated. Scott
Old 02-05-2004, 04:20 AM
HarryC
My Feedback: (1)

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

The Evo's are better than they say! see http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...hreadid=154635
although it is now a massive thread, there are people there who had a Tracker, were very disappointed and got persuaded to buy an Evo instead but were very wary after getting stung by the Tracker's advertising. Those people say the Evo is fantastic. For example, check posts by Patrick Plawner.

If you can make it all the way through that thread, it fully exposes what the Evo can and can not do.

Also see http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...hreadid=169050 for a free Evo programming tutorial.

H
Old 02-05-2004, 07:28 AM
Highflight
My Feedback: (4)

ORIGINAL: BRN2FLI

Hi, I'm trying to gather some info on the 9, 12 ch EVO. Are they as good as they advertise? Or are they just another version of the Tracker II, and not everything that they say it is. I was planning to buy a 9z or a 10x till I heard about the EVO from a friend. I've downloaded the manual, and it sounds to good to be true. Any remarks would be greatly appreciated. Scott
I bought the Tracker II a few months ago and immediately ran into it's incredibly obvious limitations. I bought it because of the "concept" of what I thought it would do, but I got rid of it within a month but kept the Seeker (a good receiver).
I got my EVO 12/synth last week, and I can promise you, the EVO is not only EVERYTHING that I thought the Tracker was going to be, it is light years ahead of the Tracker. In fact, the EVO is superior to the high dollar Futaba and JR radios as well.

You will be sorry if you buy the Tracker, and you will be sorry if you do NOT buy the EVO.

Highflight