Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

Your Idea's on Hitec bad Wrap

Old 02-10-2004, 03:04 AM
Buzykid
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Your Idea's on Hitec bad Wrap

I just purchased 4 5945's 2 5925's and 1 5735. They look absolutly sweet. Just as solid if not more than my JR stuff. Have only run them on the ground not in an airplane, but look great. Alot of guys are warning me, and have been for years about your servo's. Where does this bad wrap come from? Any tips or things I need to be aware, big secret no no. Or just like everything in this world there could be some bad apples in the much, or more likely some bad instalations.

-Ryan
Old 02-10-2004, 08:42 AM
Rob Glover

Default RE: Your Idea's on Hitec bad Wrap

Sounds to me like you've been given some less than perfect advice. Hitec stuff is as good as it gets. Next thing you'll need is a new Evo to really spin your buds up.
Old 02-10-2004, 10:10 AM
jnjacksn

If they are set up properly, and this is a big "if", you will be very happy. Go to the "down on the deck" website and check out the programming video. If you are going to gang them together, I think this step is a must. If you are going to use them independent on each control surface you should be fine.
Old 02-10-2004, 03:21 PM
Highflight
My Feedback: (4)

Hitec servos are as good as any, and most people will lean toward "better" than most.

I'd venture an educated guess that most servo problems are caused by using them in marginal applications, i.e., people using 44oz. servo in a 60 size 3D type model for example.

It's interesting that that there are at least basic guidelines for how powerful an engine should be for a give size and type aircraft, but there is no such guideline (written or spoken) that I know of that newbies can use to make sure that they aren't "underpowering" the control surfaces on their aircraft. And underpowering is usually what tears up servos which then leads to whiners (the same ones, usually) complaining how "brand x servos are junk because most of the ones I use went bad".

How you use them will determine a lot of how well they work and how long they last for you.

Highflight
Old 02-10-2004, 08:47 PM
Checklst

Amen!!!!!! Well said
Old 02-10-2004, 10:16 PM
Buzykid
My Feedback: (2)

I am leaning toward you on that as well. My Hitec's look so sweet and solid, I can't wait to get them into my plane and flying.

Thanks guys

-Ryan