Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

Charging the programmer

Old 02-10-2004, 02:46 PM
BocaBen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Charging the programmer

I can't charge the programmer's internal battery from the outside using my Alpha 4 or the Triton. Seems like there's a diode in there that doesn't let the charge begin. I have to remove the battery every time to charge it outside. Is there a way to bypass this diode (if any?).

Also, I have an erratic response from the programmer when I try to slow test my servo automatically. I go to the auto test program, press the M switch and nothing happens for 9 times out of 10. All the other automatic tests start right away, but that one is very erratic. It would start eventually, sometime after switching the programmer off then back on. Am I missing something or is there a bug in the programmer software?

Thanks
Ben
Old 02-13-2004, 08:32 PM
EdwardB
My Feedback: (6)

Default RE: Charging the programmer

Yes, the Hitec programmer has a diode on the input of the battery charge circuit. My Triton won't sense it either. The diode is a surface mount (SMT) part, so not particularly easy to remove or bypass. I just use a wall wart charger through the plug on the outside. The case isn't the easist to take apart, as you probably know.
Old 02-14-2004, 11:42 AM
Stick Jammer

Default RE: Charging the programmer

BocaBen,
Yeah, as mentioned already, there is a diode in the circuit which does not permit a fast charger to sense any voltage. I just leave the end cap off of mine so the battery is accessible. Mine will also drain the battery down to nothing in a short period of time if it's left connected so I unplug it when I'm not using it. When doing any of the Auto Tests, try holding the button down for a little longer instead of just quickly pushing it. None of the Auto Tests will start on mine if I just push a button and let it go. Hope this info helps you out.