Community
Search
Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

Spare Battery for Royal evo

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2004, 03:04 PM
3wExtra

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spare Battery for Royal evo

Mike nobody has spare batteries for the royal evo. is there a way to get them? with the slow charge i run out of juice by the time i am just starting to warm up.
Can you please let me know if you or anyone in the USA has them in stock?
thank you
Astolfo
Old 02-12-2004, 07:27 PM
venkman

Default RE: Spare Battery for Royal evo

Just curious, what kind of battery life are you getting? I need to cycle the batteries a few more times to get a really accurate picture of the performance of my Evo, but based on comments I expect 6+ hours. If you're getting that kind of battery life but fly enough you still need a spare, I'm extremely jealous!
Old 02-12-2004, 10:44 PM
3wExtra

I wish i got six hours.... 3hrs max. i have charged the accu as indicated on the manual, with the wart charger, with an orbit, with a couple of schultze they all charge about 1465 but this thing just eats the juice out of it.
Old 02-13-2004, 09:02 AM
Rob Glover

Something is wrong with your system. You should get closeer to 9 hours on a charge. I use the wal wart that came with the Evo, I leave it on charge long enough to top the battery off. I get close to 9 hours flight time consistantly. If you are getting only 3 hours you need to fix something. If it's glitching as well I'd shelve it until it's fixed. Hitec support is really good, give them a call and they will help you out. Mike may still be in Germany or something so he may be slow to chime in on this forum.

happy trails- Rob G
Old 02-13-2004, 10:10 AM
mglavin
My Feedback: (31)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nine hours is exceptional...

FC, the TX pack requires several charge-discharge cycles to come to life. This is common with NiMH technology. I wouldn't be surprised if it took nearly five cycles or so to completely come around.

Mike is back from Germany but is now attending an Electric Festival event in San Diego as I understand it. Then off to New York next week until the end of the month. He's been very busy of late...
Old 02-13-2004, 11:00 AM
3wExtra

I have 9 complete cycles on the pack (2 of them on ridiculously slow "wall" charger)..... This thing is not even a month old! Are you telling me that after waiting for well over 4 months for Nesail to get one of these radios, paying $500 and i have to send it to repairs already? They probably do not even have the parts to fix it. Why is not Mike responding to these messages? I thought that this was a "Batteries Manufacturer Direct Support Forum"
I tell you i love the logic on this radio, if it had exponential for each flight phase, if it worked and they had the parts to fix what they sold!
for now i will stick to my so "bad" Asian radios at least i know i have the parts to be fixed, ups sorry how would i know they have never failed .... one of them 6 yrs old.... ok one bad accu replaced for free!
Old 02-13-2004, 11:49 AM
mglavin

It sounds like you have cycled the battery enough times to bring it around. Have you noted the charge and discharge information on the battery maintenance screen? Does it appear to check out? You can observe the mAh input and discharge capacites via this screen.

You're also using the synthesized TX module, its possible this device consumes more power than a standard module.

Is three hours all that bad anyway? I don't think anything I have will go three hours on standard OEM supplied batteries
Old 02-13-2004, 12:31 PM
3wExtra

it is not bad if you can fast charge.... but it takes well over 24 hrs to fill the accu with their charger. i do have the avility to check all the electricity numbers, i can even post graphs and they all do make it look ok. i either want to buy another accu or have someone making one for me. but i would not like to burn the radion because MPX can not provide spare accus.....
Old 02-13-2004, 06:22 PM
mglavin

I am sure that Multiplex does or will offer accumulator spares.

Be careful with the custom TX packs. The EVO's use 6-cell 7.4V battery packs... This is unusual as nearly all other TX's use 9.6V, 8-cell batteries.

ALSO the EVO's TX battery has a safety device integral with the battery. If I recall correctly it’s a thermo-fuse with auto-reset and offers short circuit, reverse polarity and over current modes to protect the battery and TX.

You are aware of the battery management system onboard the TX? This will display all battery charge, discharge, capacity and estimated "ON" time available.

Fast charging should be limited to C1 or 1.5A with a quality peak-detection auto charger designed for NiMH technology with <5mV/cell specification. Fast charging can only be performed with the battery removed from the TX..
Old 02-13-2004, 06:44 PM
3wExtra

thank you.
i am aware of all this, that is why i want to buy OEM
Old 02-13-2004, 09:52 PM
mglavin

Here is the Multiplex p/n# for the EVO TX battery....

PERMABATT NiMH Tx. battery 6/1500-AA-2L #156001
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Description:
transmitter battery # 15 6001 for even longer operating times with the PiCO-line transmitter; supplied as standard with COCKPIT MM Size AA 6/1500 mAh, format 2L with integral safety element, Dimensions approx. 29 x 150 x 14.5 mm Weight approx. 150 g, max. charge current 1.0 A
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Li20941.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	15.3 KB
ID:	100658  
The following users liked this post:
MiragePilot (04-15-2022)
Old 02-13-2004, 11:06 PM
3wExtra

do you know who sells these?
thank you
Old 02-13-2004, 11:38 PM
mglavin

Try [email protected].

Mutiplex USA Support: http://www.multiplexusa.com/supportFS.htm

Multiplex telephone product support is available at (858)-748-6948 ext. 310

Multiplex Distributor/dealers: http://www.multiplexusa.com/WTB_files/wtb.htm

http://www.multiplexusa.com/

http://www.multiplex-rc.de/
Old 02-14-2004, 12:26 AM
3wExtra

darn it, i thought that you were up to something..... no reseller has them.. i already tried all this week.
Old 02-14-2004, 08:49 AM
Highflight
My Feedback: (4)

ORIGINAL: FC26

darn it, i thought that you were up to something..... no reseller has them.. i already tried all this week.
Mike Mayberry has already stated recently that even though Hitec's policy is not to sell direct in order to support their distributors and resellers, they WILL sell accessories direct if what you want is not yet in general distribution. I take that to mean that if none of the resellers have it, you can contact Glen (Merritt? I think) direct at Hitec and they will take care of you.
No guarantees, of course, if they don't have any batteries themselves.

As far as your battery goes, I would take it out of the radio and put it on a cycler/charger and run it through a few times and make note of what you get for cycle discharge times (again, out of the radio). If your battery is showing cycle times of around 600 to 800mah (which is what it would if you only get 3 hours on-time with it), then it might just be a defective battery and you could probably just exchange it.

As you know, the synth radio pulls slightly higher current when transmitting than the crystal version. But I have a 12/synth myself and I've gotten between 6 and 7 hours on a charge so I really don't think buying a spare battery is the best answer in your case. You'd be much happier if you solve the mystery of why you only get 3 hours time and fix it instead.

Highflight
Old 02-18-2004, 12:49 AM
mglavin

Hitec Service, USA has a few spare batteries for the EVO is stock.

The part number is M156001. The MSRP on the battery is $30.00.