Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

JR Rx Glitching Problems W/ROYAL EVO 12S

Old 02-11-2004, 07:16 PM
3wExtra

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JR Rx Glitching Problems W/ROYAL EVO 12S

i have the RE 12s, and i am ussing a jr reciever until i can get MPX. i did never have any glitch problems with the same plane and same reciever. now when i use the RE12 now and then the servos just jerk once or twice.... what am i doing wrong?
thank you
Old 02-12-2004, 04:47 PM
venkman

Default RE: JR Rx Glitching Problems W/ROYAL EVO 12S

Where are you flying? I notice you're in Bainbridge.

I've had the same problem with an Evo 9 at Discovery park in Seattle (the slope site, if you're familiar with it). I started a thread called 'shielding a transmitter' or something similar on this problem. I'd be EXTREMELY interested in finding someone else with a similar experience.

Also, are you flying the synth version or crystal?
Old 02-12-2004, 04:58 PM
3wExtra

i fly on the olympic peninsula... i do fly RoyalEvo 12 synth version. and i can not figure out why the evo will glitch and not the 10x.....
I hope we get an answer from the big man....
Old 02-12-2004, 06:25 PM
mglavin
My Feedback: (31)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

FC

If I undesrtand correctly you had a 10X TX and a JR RX (which one) and all was well with the model. You started using an EVO 12 synthiesized TX and occasionally now realize servo glitches of some sort.

Have you done anything to the model since the new EVO was in play?

Gas powered model, right? Engine running or not? While flying or on the ground runnng or?

Do you stil have the the 10X TX?
Old 02-12-2004, 06:49 PM
3wExtra

the reciever is R600 6 Channel FM. the plane has not changed in any way, i do have the 10x and it does just fine. the engine can be running or not, and i would never fly a plane that glitches.... since it does not glitch with the 10x i can fly it with it... but i want to sell the 10x and buy another evo
Old 02-12-2004, 07:22 PM
venkman

Is the site you fly at close to a military base by any chance? The Puget Sound area is littered with them.

The site at Discovery park is right next to a base (used to be part of the base, as a matter of fact), and I strongly suspect the base is broadcasting something that's causing the problem.

For everybody else reading this I'm sure that 99.9% of the time the problem is really with the receiver/installation and not with the transmitter, but please read the other thread I started on this and what I've gone through trying to track the problem down before deciding it just can't be the transmitter.
Old 02-12-2004, 08:50 PM
3wExtra

All clear around my area, just some indian reservations, and lots of forests and water... i whish that was the problem. the thing is why the evo would be affected and not the 10x...[]
Old 02-13-2004, 11:42 AM
mglavin
My Feedback: (31)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

FC

You’re using the synthesized TX module correct?

I'm guessing that there might be a difference in the RF frequency shift in one transmitter vs. the other and the receiver discriminators are slightly different so they are not totally compatible. More than likely this is a function of the synthesizer TX module. I have had similar occurrences with my Futaba's synthesized TX module. A standard module works fine, whereas the synthesized version acts up on some RX's.
Old 02-13-2004, 03:41 PM
venkman

Certainly the synth module being just a little different is a possiblity. In my case I tried four different brands of receivers and had the same problem with each brand - OK with my old transmitter (an Airtronics in my case), glitches with the Evo. Also I only had glitches with the Evo at one particular location and not in others.

FC26, have you tried other locations? What about other brands of receivers? Different channels?
Old 02-13-2004, 05:11 PM
3wExtra

yep, home the fiel the beach....no luck sooner or later it will glitch