Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

Can an Eclipse 7 (U.S. model) Be Legally Used in Japan?

Old 02-15-2004, 12:03 AM
GSloan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can an Eclipse 7 (U.S. model) Be Legally Used in Japan?

I'm helping my Japanese friend make a purchase here in the U.S. We've narrowed the transmitter down to an Eclipse 7, but simply want to ensure he will be compatible with Japanese frequencies when he returns to Japan. Please advise.
Old 02-16-2004, 02:29 PM
mglavin
My Feedback: (31)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Can an Eclipse 7 (U.S. model) Be Legally Used in Japan?

The Eclipse TX's utilize user friendly RF modules. Therefore the TX will work with several radio bands. In the USA 72mhz is the most common aircraft band in use. Other countries generally use a different band.

To answer your question yes the TX is not a problem providing you’re able to purchase an RF module on the appropriate band. You'll need to inquire about what band are used in Japan.

Additionally the RX must be of the same band. The RX's are band specific and must be purchased new to operate with the specific band in mind... The Eclipse TX offers shift select function ability, this means its compatible with other systems less their PCM RX's... You should be able to use in brand RX that is on the same band as the RF module in use.