Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

Multiplex Versus Hitec Receivers

Old 02-16-2004, 08:08 PM
cchs1964

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Multiplex Versus Hitec Receivers

Which receiver, crystal controlled, Multiplex or Hitec would you consider to be superior to the other and why?
Thanks in advance for your response.
Jerry
Old 02-18-2004, 02:29 AM
mglavin
My Feedback: (31)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Multiplex Versus Hitec Receivers

Tough question to offer an informed opinion on. Whats the application, how many channels are required. What TX is being used?
Old 02-18-2004, 09:08 AM
cchs1964

Mike, that info would be helpful...The receiver would need 7 to 8 channels, used in airplanes utilizing a JR 8103. Would appreciate a re-visit to my question. Which 7 to 8 channel receiver for airplanes would be superior, Hitec or Multiplex? PPM, PCM, or IPD etc...
Also, does the 12 channel synthesized Multiplex receiver have a built in 6V regulator? If so what is the current handling capabilites?
Thanks Mike,
Jerry
Old 02-18-2004, 09:21 AM
HarryC
My Feedback: (1)

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts

You can't use PCM unless you use a JR receiver with your JR Tx, since there is no common standard for PCM coding.

If you are determined to use a Hitec or Multiplex receiver with the JR8103 then the Multiplex IPD gives one advantage because it still allows you to have failsafe. The IPD 9 gives you 9 channels which is fine for your 8103, and is dual conversion. The IPD 7 is single conversion. I am not aware if Hitec makes an 8 channel Rx. The 12 channel IPD does not have voltage regulation built in. What it does have is 3 battery sockets. One is for a single battery of 4 or 5 cells, the other two are for use with twin battery packs and are diode protected to prevent cross currents. The diodes consume around 1volt and hence those 2 sockets must be used with 5 cell packs to compensate for the lost voltage. However there is no advantage in this for you. Red Scholefield says diodes are not required. Since the IPD9 has a spare socket because your 8103 cannot address channel 9, you could plug in a second battery to socket 9 if required.

Harry
Old 02-18-2004, 10:08 AM
cchs1964

HarryC,
Thanks for your valued explaination.
Jerry
Old 02-18-2004, 10:33 AM
mglavin
My Feedback: (31)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hitec offers an 8 channel PPM RX which is considered an excellent product and stands tall against all others in the industry.

Harry covered the rest nicely. The IPD 9 channel PPM RX utilizes a new breed of technology that has proven itself worthy. Failsafe features are onboard and user definable together with this new intelligent processing theses RX's are superior to all other PPM RX's IMO...

PCM is not an option with aftermarket RX's. Multiplex's IPD PM RX draws a parallel to this technology with similar attributes.