Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

Recommended Hitec servo size for a GP Spectra EP glider?

Old 02-22-2004, 01:23 PM
Villious
My Feedback: (17)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Recommended Hitec servo size for a GP Spectra EP glider?

Hello there. I'm in the process of building a GP spectra electric glider. I'm converting the wing to have ailerons and flaps. I want to use a "micro servo" for each control surface on the wing to save weight. That would be 4 servos for the flaps and ailerons.

My question is:
Since I'm going to have 4 servos in the wing, I figured I'd use Hitec HS-85BB servos (42oz torque) for the flaps and ailerons. For the rudder/elevator I'd use the Hitec HS-85BB’s again or if they are too small, I could go with the Hitec HS-225BB (55oz torque).

How much torque do I need for each of the 6 control surfaces?

Thanks so much!
Villious
Old 02-22-2004, 01:41 PM
mglavin
My Feedback: (31)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Recommended Hitec servo size for a GP Spectra EP glider?

What servo power does the kit manufacturer suggest in the stock configuration?
Old 02-22-2004, 04:01 PM
Villious
My Feedback: (17)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Michael. I've looked in the manual and on the GP website and can't find any reference to recomended servo size or torque for the Spectra.
Old 02-22-2004, 09:00 PM
mglavin
My Feedback: (31)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Without specific model info and surface size it would be difficult to guess at the needs of your model (even with this info it would be an educated guess). Check with Great Planes Tech Department for the requirements. Or possibly bounce over to the glider forum and see what the guys with this model might suggest.

There are programs out there that can calculate the guesstimated needs for you. Do a search online for these programs, some are freeware.