Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

Hitec 81 and 81 MG servos are they really cheap??

Old 03-08-2004, 09:19 AM
Zafer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hitec 81 and 81 MG servos are they really cheap??

Hi everybody,

I have a complaint to make. My Hitec 81 servo on the ailerons stripped a gear and caused a crash . İt was the first flight of my new SPAD.

I was using H81MG on rudder and on elevator and H81s on trott. and ailerons. All in all I have 10 Hitec 81 + 81 MGs.

I have also another complaint about Hitec servos. Whenever I used them at least one of them is moving aimlessly and making sound.( It is not that because I put Tx very close.) I never have problems with Graupner (JR in USA) servos. The reason that I bought Hitec stuff ?? Because they were cheap. But I will never buy Hitec servos again. ( I have no problems with Hitec receivers )

I have just come to a conclusion that, I am not that rich to use the cheap ones. ( I believe Sir W.Churchill said that first)

I just want public knows about this.

Regards. And sorry for the language mistakes.

Zafer
Old 03-09-2004, 05:07 PM
MikeMayberry
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Hitec 81 and 81 MG servos are they really cheap??

Since there is not a Graupner servo that is in the same price catagory as the HS-81, you can't really compair apples to apples here. You might want to try our HS-85's which are a higher end model in the same size case. You might also keep an eye out for the new Multiplex Polo servo which is a similar size but digital!

Mike.
Old 03-09-2004, 06:32 PM
lrb75
My Feedback: (12)

I have several hs-81 in my 1/2a racers and have stripped one in a crash. I also stripped a hs-85 and and hs-605 in a crash. I fly almost all hitec servos and receivers and have never had a problem with their products except after a crash that was my fault. Chances are your stripped servo was due to flutter or the crash.
Old 03-09-2004, 08:14 PM
mglavin
My Feedback: (31)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You might consider that you're not using the right tool for the job. The HS-81 is considered a MICRO servo, with the nylon gears its not comparable to larger more robust servos even if the torque rating is in line.

How big is your Spad? Weight, motor and aileron sizes would help ascertain the viable application of the HS-81 micro servo.

Have you considered flutter as the root cause of the aforementioned gear-train failure?

It's possible you damaged the servos gear-train subsequent to crashing the model.