Community
Search
Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

EVO Shift Select; any good info?

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2004, 12:02 PM
Highflight
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EVO Shift Select; any good info?

We're now well into March which is when the EVO Shift Select software (ver 1.27?) was supposed to be available.
I'm not trying to start a thread of comments from aggravated people who are waiting (so please don't). But I AM wondering and hoping that someone "in the know" at Hitec has a better idea (by now) of when we might "reasonably" expect the ver 1.27 update that was universally expected this month??

Highflight
Old 03-09-2004, 05:08 PM
MikeMayberry
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: EVO Shift Select; any good info?

We are pushing hard to get it ASAP, but the only word back is they are finalizing it.

Mike.
Old 03-23-2004, 05:11 PM
Highflight

Bump.

Still finalizing?

Highflight
Old 03-24-2004, 08:11 PM
causeitflies

Received 42 Likes on 32 Posts

The Evo doesn't support shift selection??[X(]
Old 03-25-2004, 07:24 AM
Highflight

ORIGINAL: causeitflies-RCU

The Evo doesn't support shift selection??[X(]
Yes and no.
MPX offered ver1.26b of their EVO software for the express purpose of enabling shift select. However, there was a very simple bug that doesn't affect the operation of the radio (for flying), but the bug allowed the radio to begin transmitting at the moment that RX shift is chosen.
This is no big deal as long as you are aware of it, and I AM using ver1.26b so my EVO12/synth DOES allow shift select and I'm flying my Futaba RX's quite nicely with it. But it's probably considered a liability by MPX/Hitec so they pulled it from distribution but not before I got MY copy of it.

The reason I'm bumping is because MPX is soon coming out with ver1.27 which, because of a lot of deliberation and testing, should NOT have any bugs, even minor ones. However, there's also talk that ver1.27 will not only add the "official" shift select feature, but may also incorporate some programming additions that have been requested by users over a period of time.

'Zat help?

Highflight