Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

Hitec Challenger2 Rx ????

Old 03-09-2004, 08:58 AM
TERBObob
My Feedback: (21)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hitec Challenger2 Rx ????

I've got a Hitec Challenger 2 model HP2R receiver . I was told that HITEC never made any wide band Rx's and so I got this one thinking it was a good deal . The seller sold it to me saying that is was set for 75 MHz , yet , it seems that it might be off or maybe for 27 MHz ? Reason - The Tx ( a Futaba Magnum Sport ) has to be right next to it with the antenna down for it receive . Move 3 foot away and it looses signal . )
Is there any way to tell what freq the receivers are meant to be on ? ( meaning 72 , 75 , 27 ) Other than trial and error with crystals and matching freq Tx's ?
Seeing as to how I do not have a 27 Hz Tx , I would apreciate any help with figuring this one out .
Up close to the Rx with the Tx , the Rx works fine , but anywhere further than around 3 foot and no signal at all on the 75 MHz band .
On the back cover it has the following :

FCCID BBG7VZ HP234R
Challenger series

Then hand written in marker ( I think its marker ) is 75 MH

ANy help ?

THank you
Old 03-09-2004, 05:12 PM
MikeMayberry
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Hitec Challenger2 Rx ????

You can send it in but without any markings there is no way for me to tell.

Mike.