Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

Flap set-up on a Prism 7X

Old 03-10-2004, 01:56 PM
aeajr
My Feedback: (2)

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Flap set-up on a Prism 7X

I am using a Hitec Prism 7X computer radio with a Supreme 8 receiver. I am setting up a full house 6 servo sailplane.

My first and most important question has to do with flap set-up.

At the moment I have ailerons on 1 & 7, elevator on 2, rudder on 4, with two servos for flaps. Documentatio seems to indicate that flaps would go on 6, be dial operated and can be mixed with elevator. Other flyers tell me I can also y cable them to channel 3 and operate them with the throttle stick, but lose the flap to elevator mixing.

With my current channel use, is there a way for me to put the two flap servos on separate channels, say 3 and 6 or 5 and 6? I need to reverse one.

It looks like I can only control them on a Y cable if I have ailerons on 1 & 7

I am open to setting things up differently.

Second Question - much less important

If I set up ailerons as flapperons on 1 & 6 and put the flaps on 3, it would appear I could set up crow manually during landing. Is that correct?
Old 03-17-2004, 11:31 AM
mglavin
My Feedback: (31)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Flap set-up on a Prism 7X

aeajr

Mike Mayberry has asked me to help with the Hitec Forum presently, so here I am. Please be patient and I will collect the information to resolve your questions.

At the moment I have ailerons on 1 & 7, elevator on 2, rudder on 4, with two servos for flaps. Documentatio seems to indicate that flaps would go on 6, be dial operated and can be mixed with elevator. Other flyers tell me I can also y cable them to channel 3 and operate them with the throttle stick, but lose the flap to elevator mixing.

I concur with your findings.

With my current channel use, is there a way for me to put the two flap servos on separate channels, say 3 and 6 or 5 and 6? I need to reverse one.

Have you considered simply flipping over or mounting one of the servos differently to accommodate the reverse servo direction? Servo reversing wyes are available, reverse directions servos are available. Futaba servos work in the opposite direction of Hitec servos.

It looks like I can only control them on a Y cable if I have ailerons on 1 & 7

I concur, Channel 6 and a wye is a common approach. The Prism has limited programmability. Since there are no free or unassigned mixes you're limited in applications.

If I set up ailerons as flapperons on 1 & 6 and put the flaps on 3, it would appear I could set up crow manually during landing. Is that correct?

Yes, you can operate the Flaperons via channel 1&6 and the AUX #1 knob and use the the throttle channel #3 to deploy flaps.
Old 03-17-2004, 08:36 PM
aeajr
My Feedback: (2)

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Default RE: Flap set-up on a Prism 7X

Thanks for confirming my conclusions.

I did finally move the servo to reverse it. It requried some significant reworking a I though I could do it in the radio. I didn't want to rework it. I see now that the Prism can't do it.

I appreciate your response. At least I know I was reading and understanding the manual correctly.