Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

HiTec EZX-R Pro

Old 03-15-2004, 11:22 AM
JBoss
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HiTec EZX-R Pro

Hi Mike,
I am waiting for my new speed controller to arrive. Its the ezx-r pro. I am using it in a boat with twin 550's on gearboxes and 12 volt Lead Acid batteries.
Is it better to run the reciever and servos from the battery pack that came with the Electron 6 Reciever. If so what needs to be done to bypass the BEC on the speed controller.
Thanks
JBoss
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Jg14267.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	61.4 KB
ID:	111640  
Old 03-17-2004, 01:03 PM
mglavin
My Feedback: (31)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: HiTec EZX-R Pro

If your servo load is excessive you may want to consider an alternate power sourcce. The ESC BEC functoin has limits in current handling. Other than that there are no concerns.

I have addtional information coming on the BEC's limits.
Old 03-17-2004, 07:20 PM
mglavin
My Feedback: (31)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hitec's catalog suggests the BEC is good for 800mA or .80 amps. Another Hitec source suggested 5 amps; I'll have to verify this, I beleive .80amps is accurate. In any event if you have more than a few servos that are used under extreme conditions I would look at utilizing an auxiliary power supply for the radio system.

To disable the BEC remove the RED wire from the ESC's pigtail, insulate and secure the lead.
Old 03-18-2004, 12:44 AM
JBoss
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That Helps alot. What I have is a medium size servo for the rudder
and I gutted 2 damaged servos and am using the electronics from the servos to run 180 size motors geared way down to operate the rear crane. What I read somewhere I dont remember where is that if you do not use the bec the voltage the speed controller can handle is higher. I have been running it with the BEC on 2-6 volt gel cells in series to produce 12 volts and have not had any problems. If I could lighten the load on the controller however I would like to. The added wieght on this boat is really not an issue.

Thanks Again.

J Boss
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Db83822.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	20.1 KB
ID:	112642   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hc92607.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	43.8 KB
ID:	112643