Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

Battery capacity requirement for Hitech 5945 & 5735 servos

Old 03-16-2004, 07:37 PM
nonstoprc
My Feedback: (90)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Battery capacity requirement for Hitech 5945 & 5735 servos

Hi MIke,

I plan to use four 5945, one 5734 and two futaba 148 in my WildHare edge 540. Can you please tell me the minmial capacity that the receiver battery should have? I plan to fly it for sports/IMAC.

Thanks --NonStopRC
Old 03-17-2004, 10:52 AM
mglavin
My Feedback: (31)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Battery capacity requirement for Hitech 5945 & 5735 servos

The servo load you suggesting will likely consume around 15mA per minute. There are concerns for the battery to provide adeqaute potentail (current or Power) as well as capacity. Digital servos are power hungry.

60min x 15mA = 900mAh.

NiCad's and NiMh's can generally provide 60% of their rated capacity safely.

A minimum battery would be along the lines of 1500mAh. I would consider using something like a 2700mAh NiMh 5-cell battery. The five cell battery is desired to maintain voltage level to the digital servos. There are voltage losses associated with switches, servo connectors, long extensions and such. You might ant to consider using two batteries together with two switches as well. In this scenario you can use smaller capacity batteries. Use like voltage and capacity batteries for best results.

Use a loaded ESV in between every flight to monitor your batteries condition. 1.1V per cell is a reasonable loaded voltage to factor a NO fly condition. 1.1 x 5 = 5.5V