Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

gyro installation

Old 03-18-2004, 09:27 PM
Smackdown

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default gyro installation

Hello Mike,

I use gyro's on the rudders of my warplanes. I have an Expert 100 gyro that I would like to install, as it can be turned on/off and gain can be adjusted from the tx. (I would at least like to be able to turn on/off)

I am using a Prizm7 tx and 7ch Supreme rx. ( I own 2 Prizm7 tx's and have never wanted anything else, very happy with their day to day performance)

I was told by your service dept to use channel 5, but I also use 5 for retracts.

I need a channel that is switchable on/off. Ch 6 goes +100/-100. no in-between, no zero.
Ch 7 does not turn off, at least as far as I can tell. (I couldn't even get ch5 to work, despite not being used for retracts).

help, please. jk

You guys always ask for new product ideas. I use the newer JR retract servo in my planes because it delivers 240 in-lbs. of torque (correct unit of measure?). Your retract servo is about 105, OK for a 40 size. How about a heavy duty retract servo that can handle those heavy-duty Southern Pro 60 size mechanical retracts?
Old 03-18-2004, 11:35 PM
mglavin
My Feedback: (31)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: gyro installation

Mike has asked me to help out, so here I am.

Channel 6 is fully proportional and should work as an on-off switch if you dial up the EPA %, I believe.

Channel 5 & 7 are non-proportional channels. I don't see why either of these would not suffice for your needs. Did you look at the EPA % screen on these channels? You should see a + or - on the left side of the % number, try reversing percentages.

Unfortunately I know longer have a Prism TX, if I did I could do the hands on thing and report back.

250oz-in for a retract servo is brutal. The Hitec Digitals can be used as 180 degree retract servos, they can travel up to 90 degrees in either direction and are programmable with Alumilite MG gear-trains as well as the NEW Karbonite gear-train. Nothing is currently available at 250 oz-in, but patience is a virtue...
Old 03-19-2004, 12:18 AM
Smackdown

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: gyro installation

I'll try out what you suggest on the tx, and let you know how well it works out.

I have a spare battery, rx and servo that I can use to bench-test with.

thanks, jk