Community
Search
Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

Eclipse 7 throttle problem

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2004, 05:49 PM
xanatos

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Eclipse 7 throttle problem

I thought I'd share the problem below with the forum to see if anyone has any clues.

The other day I received a new Eclipse 7. I checked both the radio and receiver and all servos/channels were working correctly. After a day of exploring the functions I decided to adjust the stick tension. I opened the case, located the tension screws and adjusted them according to the instructions in the manual.

However after I closed the case I noticed that the throttle was stuck at about 40% and unaffected by any stick movement. I verified this against two sources:
· Checking directly with a servo plugged into channel 3 of the receiver
· Checking against the version of Real Flight G2 (a software RC simulator) which shows servo output.

I did notice that moving the aileron and elevator stick did produce small jerky movements on channel 3. I checked that the transmitter did not have throttle lock turned on which it did not. A also ensured that the transmitter was not in “GLID” mode, which I know disables the throttle. I checked channels 1, 2 and 4 and they did appear to be working OK. At this point I have run out of options. If anyone has any clues on this problem I would be very grateful. I am about to return it to Hitec service.

Ian
Old 03-21-2004, 07:07 PM
XJet
Banned

Default RE: Eclipse 7 throttle problem

Make sure you didn't accidentally fracture any of the wires that connect to the potentiometer on the throttle gymbal, and make sure the plug that connects that pot to the logic board is firmly seated against the PC board.

The pot-shafts are keyed onto the gymbal arms so it's unlikely they'll be slipping, but check that body of the pot itself isn't rotating as you move the throttle stick.

Other than that (and assuming you haven't upset any of the programmed features) , it is most likey a fault on the logic board.

It should be pointed out that it's a *very* good idea to take anti-static precautions whenever you remove the back of your transmitter. It's very easy for your body to carry a charge of many thousands of volts and if you touch the right exposed conductor (or even get close) you can cause the semiconductors to be damaged by the static discharge.

You can get a cheap anti-static kit at most hobby-electronic stores for just a few bucks -- it could be cheaper than a repair job.
Old 03-21-2004, 08:02 PM
xanatos

Default RE: Eclipse 7 throttle problem

Thanks XJet - I did look at the pot wires but couldn't see anything untoward. I did a thorough check of the programming and I'm pretty sure that I haven't screwed anything up there. Oh well I guess its back to HITEC.

Ian