Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

5645 on y cord for rudder?

Old 03-22-2004, 07:52 PM
Ronbo
My Feedback: (12)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 5645 on y cord for rudder?

Mike, hitec,
ive got a dilema. can 5645's (or any digital) be used on a y cord for rudder? or do they HAVE to be on a matchbox type setup?

i put 2 on my new (old) H9 extra. put a y cord, and even at 100% travel, after actuating the rudder several times, i get the rudder to sloowly go back to center. they actuate fine for a couple times, then after i release the rudder, they sloowly go back to center. at 150%, its slow to start with..

what gives??

JR 8103, Hitec 8ch rx.
1 servo has about 20 flights, the other is brand new.
Old 03-22-2004, 09:02 PM
mglavin
My Feedback: (31)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: 5645 on y cord for rudder?

Ron

The Hitec digitals will work on a HD wye and extension to the RX. Although I would prefer to see a dedicated channel and extension to each servo. These are power hungry servos, like all digitals.

Your servos maybe fighting each other. Did you simply connect them to one another without regard for centering and end point travel considerations?

Do you have access to the Hitec servo programmer?

Is your battery fully charged and been load tested and cycled?
Old 03-22-2004, 09:24 PM
Ronbo
My Feedback: (12)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 5645 on y cord for rudder?

Mike,
thx for quick reply.

no programmer, battery is new and charged. still charged, and im only running 2-4 servos right now. been going for an hour it seems..

i adjusted linkage to be able to easily pop on the servo arm. so, its pretty close.

this is what ive done in past hour. ive taken both servos out, plus y cord. reconnected them into y cord and rx. no load on either servo, nor connected to anything.

i move the servos quickly, and eventually the same servo (new one?) will stop moving, then recenter or pick up where i put the stick. even swapping leads, same servo same thing.
i then put each on ailerons (dual setup) ch2 and 6 i think, anyway, i actuate both servos side to side quickly. no problems at all. no hesitations or anything.

when i reconnect only 1 servo to rudder channel, i cant get the 'bad' servo to fail while moving stick quickly. works fine. but when i do both, after several actuations, it happens again. this is at 150% throw atv and dual rates now.

its as if the servo is losing signal connected to the y cord. but works fine otherwise if only 1 servo connected or on separate channels.

my next 2 options are: new y cord (possibly problem?), or as u suggested, try to mix channels and run separate extentions.
or, get rid of these servos and go with big analogs (dont like it, arent any with the torque i want), or a big digital on pull pull.

both servos work fine by themselves, and both say mar 02, so should be updated no problem.