Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

Trainer Cord Compatability

Old 06-17-2002, 10:21 PM
AQ500

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trainer Cord Compatability

Mike,

There is a lot of confusion out there about Hitec/Futaba trainer cords, maybe you can set us straight....

So what is the real difference between the Futaba and the Hitec trainer cords? Which cord can be used to link the two brands together. I have used the Futaba as a master and the Hitec as a slave. I used the Futaba cord without any problems. I got to talking with a Hitec service rep and he said the Futaba cord will burn out the Hitec radio. Is this true? Could he be trying to get me to buy a Hitec cord? He also told me the Hitec cord would work with both systems fine.

I've also built myself a cord that works fine with both radio systems. Is one, Hitec or Futaba, wired differently than the other?

Thanks
Old 06-18-2002, 04:19 PM
MikeMayberry
My Feedback: (1)

You should always use the Hitec cord when connecting a Hitec radio to either another Hitec or Futaba to ensure you have no problems. There have been some reported smoke letting problems when using the Futaba cord so you should not risk it. Also the slave will emit a signal if it has a crystal.

Mike.
Old 12-15-2002, 01:44 AM
holyowned

Default Re: Trainer Cord Compatability

Originally posted by AQ500
Mike,

There is a lot of confusion out there about Hitec/Futaba trainer cords, maybe you can set us straight....

So what is the real difference between the Futaba and the Hitec trainer cords?
Thanks
Mike,
What IS the difference in the two cords?
Old 12-16-2002, 09:38 PM
MikeMayberry
My Feedback: (1)

Hitec's cord is one-way where as Futaba's is two-way.

Mike.