Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

Mike, HS-85BB twitching with only one flight on it. **Video Included**

Old 03-28-2004, 11:21 PM
DTB
My Feedback: (15)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mike, HS-85BB twitching with only one flight on it. **Video Included**

Hi Mike, Got a slight problem hope you can help me out with. I bought four HS-85BB servos to go into my Fat Free Taco (25 size fun fly). I recieved my flight pack last Wednesday (03/24/04). Everything was brand new from Servocity.com and I put the equipment into the plane and flew it last Friday (03/26/04) for the first time and I noticed this on Friday evening. One of the servos is twitching when centered. Could the pot be bad only after one day. I had no bad mishaps or anything that would damage the servo.

I attached a small video link to show what the servo is doing on the plane. I left it connected to the aileron to better show what it is doing. It does this in this plane and others ( I took it out and checked). None of the other HS-85BB I ordered are having this problem. Could the Pot be bad already or come with a bad POT. How can I get this resovled?

The video link attached does not have sound to save on space, but if you enlarge the video to the largest screen, you can see the aileron jumping (twitching) from the servo not holding the center. The servo works, but does not hold the center well. You will see my hand lightly touching the control horn and the servo will make the aileron twitch. The servo does this with no servo arm attached also. Please view the entire 1:49 min video. THE VIDEO DOES NOT DO JUSTICE TO THE ACTUAL TWITCHING THAT OCCUR.

http://home.jam.rr.com/accordexv6/1vid.rm

Thanks,
Derrick (DTB)
Old 04-06-2004, 07:51 PM
mglavin
My Feedback: (31)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Mike, HS-85BB twitching with only one flight on it. **Video Included**

Ship the servo to Hitec or from whom you purchased the servo for replacement. You may have a defective pot or possibly a damaged gear train.

Are the ailerons on the Taco larger tha typical of a model of this size?
Old 04-06-2004, 09:48 PM
DTB
My Feedback: (15)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Mike, HS-85BB twitching with only one flight on it. **Video Included**

ORIGINAL: mglavin

Ship the servo to Hitec or from whom you purchased the servo for replacement. You may have a defective pot or possibly a damaged gear train.

Are the ailerons on the Taco larger tha typical of a model of this size?
Thanks for the reply. I had removed the video, but I have put it back up for you to view. The Ailerons are not overly large. Actually reviews done on the Taco used a HS-50 servo. The HS-85 are stronger if I am not mistaken. Some use HS-81 with good results also.

The video link attached does not have sound to save on space, but if you enlarge the video to the largest screen, you can see the aileron jumping (twitching) from the servo not holding the center. The servo works, but does not hold the center well. You will see my hand lightly touching the control horn and the servo will make the aileron twitch. The servo does this with no servo arm attached also. Please view the entire 1:49 min video. THE VIDEO DOES NOT DO JUSTICE TO THE ACTUAL TWITCHING THAT OCCUR. If sound was on the clip you could get a better idea of what it was doing.

http://home.jam.rr.com/accordexv6/1vid.rm

Thanks,
Derrick
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Pn37984.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	149.4 KB
ID:	119531   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fd91495.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	165.0 KB
ID:	119532   Click image for larger version