Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

Hs 5125 Digital HELP

Old 04-04-2004, 05:35 AM
Hawkflyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hs 5125 Digital HELP

I just purchased two new HS 5125 digital servos. (date on side MAR 02)
I am using a JR radio and 4.8 v battery pack.
Both servos work ok except they make a contant noise, a bit like a high pitch electrical
noise when at rest in nuetral position.

Is his normal or is there something I can try to fix it or should I return the servos and by JR ones

thanks Hawkflyer
Old 04-04-2004, 04:48 PM
XJet
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Hs 5125 Digital HELP

This is pretty normal and is a result of the much higher resolution (narrower deadband) that these servos offer.

Sometimes the dead-band is so narrow that the servo "sings" because it's bouncing back and forth ever so slightly.

So long as your linkages are free then this singing won't cause any problems. If however, your linkages are stiff then it could result in higher battery drain.
Old 04-06-2004, 07:06 PM
mglavin
My Feedback: (31)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Hs 5125 Digital HELP

As mentioned above the bzzzzzzzz you note is a typical with all digital amplified servos. The servos attempt to center at 300 cycles a second, thus the bzzzz/wining noise.