Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

multiplex radio and hitec recievers

Old 04-04-2004, 08:47 PM
Waco
My Feedback: (265)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default multiplex radio and hitec recievers

Can I use my Hitec 8 channel recievers with the multiplex 9 channel radio? Or do I have to buy multiplex recievers?
Old 04-04-2004, 09:33 PM
Highflight
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: multiplex radio and hitec recievers

It all depends.
Are you using the shift select version of software on your EVO? If so, you can use any of the Hitec receivers.
If the answer to the first question is No, then are your Hitec receivers positive shift? If so, you're still good to go.

To offer an example, I'm using the ver1.26b software on my EVO that allows you to choose the shift of the RX, and I'm using two of the Hitec "selectable" receivers which I simply happen to have set to positive shift although I could go negative if I wanted.

The ver1.26b software is not an "approved" version because of a simple and really inconsequential bug that has to do with when the radio begins transmitting, but the new and improved(!) next version of the EVO software should be available soon that will offer an "approved" shift select feature as well as some user requested features. When that is released, then the answer to your question is a SIMPLE "YES".

Does that help?

Highflight
Old 04-05-2004, 06:18 AM
MTT
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: multiplex radio and hitec recievers

YES, if you buy pos. shift Hitec rcvrs.
I use several Hitec Super Slim 8 ch receivers in my sailplanes, first with a 9 ch. profi mc3030, now with a 12 ch profi mc4000.

Don't know which multiplex 9 ch radio you are refering to, the evo or the mc 3030.
If it's a 3030, you can have a shift selector switch installed, which will allow you to use also neg shift rcvrs.