Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

Old RCD Platinum Receiver - Compatable?

Old 04-06-2004, 07:35 PM
Silvaire
My Feedback: (50)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Old RCD Platinum Receiver - Compatable?

I just accuired an older model with an old RCD Platinum dual conversion receiver in it. It is on channel 40. With considerable effort, I managed to pry off the cover over the crystal. Can I just install a current dual conversion channel 18 crystal and expect it to work, or dose the receiver need to be retuned? I intend to use it with a two year old Flash 4X transmitter that is on channel 18.

Arlen
Old 04-06-2004, 08:09 PM
mglavin
My Feedback: (31)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Old RCD Platinum Receiver - Compatable?

Swapping out the RX crystal should work fine. Make an extensive range check prior to flight. I would suggest a range test with motor running at half throttle and not. There should be little to no difference in range in either circumstance.