Community
Search
Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

5945 Bad Amplifier?

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2004, 05:07 PM
BasinBum
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 5945 Bad Amplifier?

I switched my 645mg for a 5945 on the rudder of my GP Patty Wagstaff (27% Extra). After about ten flights while taxiing in I saw the rudder flipping back and forth about an inch. I sent the servo in to Hitec and they promptly called with a repair quote of $50 (includes shipping) to repair a bad amplifier. The servo was on a Smartfly regulator and set up for aerobatic flight (not 3D) so I don't think it stalled and the two reasons I was given for the bad amplifier were to much current or a stalled servo.

To be fair here, I did buy the servo used from a friend who had it for several flights on a turbine and he takes meticulous care of his equipment. He removed all the Hitec servos in favor of another brand after a third party reported problems with their servos.

I decided not to have the servo repaired as it was half the price of a new one. I didn't expect a free repair under waranty but it seemed that the top of the line servo should not be this expensive to repair. I understand that the service department doesn't know how it was used and can only go by what the see.

I have always heard of the great customer service at Hitec so I was a bit disapointed that the estimate was as high as it was. I'll still buy Hitec products as one servo won't change my perception of the company but I wanted to relate my experience here.
Old 04-22-2004, 05:50 PM
MikeMayberry
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: 5945 Bad Amplifier?

That quote does sound a little high, but I don't anything about the situaltion. Try contacting [email protected] and see if he can help.

Mike,
Old 04-27-2004, 07:17 AM
BasinBum
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: 5945 Bad Amplifier?

I e-mailed my post above to the address you gave. Hope to hear back soon.